Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 09/09/2018, 07:38 AM   #11
KaryM4Life
Big Clucker

Default Re: Screenshots & Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
This my site, so I get to decide what links are allowed. utube and 1e100 are no longer part of my web of trust.

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.
Okay we know you hate these sites too much and that SA-MP along with the site belongs to you, but can you do me a favor ? By thinking about the community a little bit please?

Although utube is better than dailymotion and some other sites (Much faster upload) We can still get over it,

but honestly deleting thousands of threads was just dumb, People's effort & SA-MP memories are gone with it

You just punished thousands of community members because of what few have done, When you could delete their threads and ban their accounts only.

Anyway this is your site and you're free to do what you want, I just hope you change your mind.
Old 09/09/2018, 07:40 AM   #12
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Why'd you actually take offence at them though, thing is they brought more traffic through the site than anything, and by shutting them out, you're closing yourself off to potential revival...

Literally shooting yourself in the foot.
Old 09/09/2018, 07:58 AM   #13
Logic_
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life View Post
Okay we know you hate these sites too much and that SA-MP along with the site belongs to you, but can you do me a favor ? By thinking about the community a little bit please?

Although utube is better than dailymotion and some other sites (Much faster upload) We can still get over it,

but honestly deleting thousands of threads was just dumb, People's effort & SA-MP memories are gone with it

You just punished thousands of community members because of what few have done, When you could delete their threads and ban their accounts only.

Anyway this is your site and you're free to do what you want, I just hope you change your mind.
A really mature response.
Old 09/09/2018, 08:58 AM   #14
OTACON
Banned

if we continue like this,
soon session eliminated.
Old 09/09/2018, 09:25 AM   #15
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

The Screenshots and Videos section was mostly links to utube, which were broken after I blocked the site. It made sense to empty the forum.

I saw videos on utube that were up for 5-6 years suddenly get censored. What changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryM4Life View Post
It's sad, yeah. But the days of PacMan goggle are long behind us. Consider when goggle/utube becomes a political machine, it's not just hurting a few links on this forum, it's hurting every person who ever uploaded anything to utube. There's no end to censorship. They now have to take down anything that anyone wants taken down.

Goggle giveth, Goggle taketh away.
Old 09/09/2018, 09:53 AM   #16
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Quote:
I saw videos on utube that were up for 5-6 years suddenly get censored. What changed?
They got greedy...

But really though, many of the copyright claims have been shown to be false and done by shill companies that simply do it for the revenue.

Yet they don't take down the full movies, the music videos and the rest, they only try and take down those which can give them revenue.

And yet goggleeyes don't even try and weed out the crappy mofos that are doing it, and simply allow them to ruin peoples accounts and videos simply to make a buck.
Old 09/09/2018, 12:48 PM   #17
niCe
Huge Clucker

Even though I understand this and I agree with the Kalcor's point more or less, I think that Screenshots and Videos were essential part of these forums, as it was the only source of media related to SA-MP, that can't be found elsewhere. It was really nice to observe, what other people scripted in SA-MP, and for me it was also one of few ways how to show others what I have scripted myself.

Perhaps return the Screenshots forum at least?

- Many features from singleplayer
- Pool, basketball and Poker Texas Holdem minigames, singleplayer race and other challenges
- Video game QUB3D from GTA 4
- Roulettes, blackjack, slot machines, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ from GTA 5
- Phone with a lot of features from GTA Online
- Missions from Big Smoke, Sweet, Zero, Cesar or Woozie!
- Gang wars over 100 gang hoods
- More than 30 jobs (police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet pizza-boy and more)
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and more
VIDEO
Old 09/09/2018, 01:11 PM   #18
wallee
Huge Clucker

how about making it so you need 15 reputation to post in screenshots & videos? that way you would get rid of 99% of filter bypassers

everybody happy then?
Old 09/09/2018, 01:41 PM   #19
Mauzen
Banned

Quote:
This my site, so I get to decide what links are allowed. utube and 1e100 are no longer part of my web of trust.

The internet is more important to me than sa-mp. You don't get sa-mp without the internet.
So SJWs and DMCA-abusers finally won. Congratulations to them.
Old 09/09/2018, 02:18 PM   #20
Freaksken
Gangsta

Oh, the irony...

[Include] FCNPC A.I. - [Tutorial] Speedometer - [WIP] Single-player-like co-op mission - [Other] List of all my work
Closed Thread