SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 06/05/2016, 08:51 PM   #1
Telekinetic
Little Clucker

Question Infinite oxygen and etc.

I'm not even a scripter, I'm just interested whether it is possible to script infinite oxygen. Knowing it is possible via a-cheat-this-site-won't-let-me-name.
I had an idea of hovering an ability bar textdraw over where oxygen should be, and use GetPlayerAnim equal to the index of the diving one (basically how roleplay servers identify if player is wet or not), and if the animation is positive, set player's health to infinity as long as the anim is active, and the lightblue textdraw will stay untouched as if it never decreased. IDK If this is possible of whatever I said about scripts will even work. I'm not a scripter like I said.

I have another question, is it possible to script walking under water?
I also have an idea of how to make this work and tell me if it will.
Basically, say a player is already somewhere where the swimming animation activates, if he dives, and then presses a button, let's say Action Key (server sided bind triggering the following), and server does GetPlayerCoordinates X,Y,Z to get his location, then do SetPlayerCoordinate X,Y,Z-20 or Z-30 and then again SetPlayerCoordinate X,Y,Z, basically teleporting the player out and in water again to make him fall down and walk around normally.
Will this work? If yes someone help, I've no idea how to script, I can only make theories.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06/05/2016, 08:57 PM   #2
CalvinC
High-roller

Default Re: Infinite oxygen and etc.

You can use this include:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?p=3694016
And then use SetPlayerOxygenValue in a short repeating timer or something.
Code:
SetPlayerOxygenValue(playerid, Float:Value);
Old 06/05/2016, 09:01 PM   #3
Telekinetic
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinC View Post
You can use this include:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?p=3694016
And then use SetPlayerOxygenValue in a short repeating timer or something.
Code:
SetPlayerOxygenValue(playerid, Float:Value);
Can the value be set to infinity, or uh an extremely large value, so the time intervals won't be measured by seconds?
And, what about the walking under water?
Telekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Abagail
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekinetic View Post
Can the value be set to infinity, or uh an extremely large value, so the time intervals won't be measured by seconds?
The include should provide documentation for it's functions, though this uses a "custom" oxygen system. You cannot natively interact with oxygen levels without modifying the data the client sends to the server(and the data the server sends to the client).
Abagail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2016, 09:22 PM   #5
Dayrion
High-roller

Quote:
I'm not even a scripter, I'm just interested whether it is possible to script infinite oxygen. Knowing it is possible via a-cheat-this-site-won't-let-me-name.
I had an idea of hovering an ability bar textdraw over where oxygen should be, and use GetPlayerAnim equal to the index of the diving one (basically how roleplay servers identify if player is wet or not), and if the animation is positive, set player's health to infinity as long as the anim is active, and the lightblue textdraw will stay untouched as if it never decreased. IDK If this is possible of whatever I said about scripts will even work. I'm not a scripter like I said.

I have another question, is it possible to script walking under water?
I also have an idea of how to make this work and tell me if it will.
Basically, say a player is already somewhere where the swimming animation activates, if he dives, and then presses a button, let's say Action Key (server sided bind triggering the following), and server does GetPlayerCoordinates X,Y,Z to get his location, then do SetPlayerCoordinate X,Y,Z-20 or Z-30 and then again SetPlayerCoordinate X,Y,Z, basically teleporting the player out and in water again to make him fall down and walk around normally.
Will this work? If yes someone help, I've no idea how to script, I can only make theories.
Thanks in advance.
There is no native function which can modify or something like that for the oxygen like Abagail said.
And for walk in the water, I don't think it's possible. Why? When someone is in the water, he constantly uses animations and walking are animations too. The best you can do are clean animations every 0.1 sec (?) and put walk animation. Seems like glitches walk.
I hope I helped you.
Dayrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2016, 09:33 PM   #6
PrO.GameR
Gangsta

As pretty much everyone here said there is no native function to interact with it, however I believe SKY plugin lets you do that, hence the include provided by Calvin.

About walking under water, there is a rule in GTA SA which is if you don't enter the water from surface(falling into the water etc.) floating rules don't apply to you, so you can 'walk' under water therefore you could just take the player out and in again below the surface and player can walk, however there are some weird visual effects.
oh btw are you the Telekinetic on supernatural RP servers?

Forums
PrO.GameR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2016, 09:47 PM   #7
Telekinetic
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR View Post
As pretty much everyone here said there is no native function to interact with it, however I believe SKY plugin lets you do that, hence the include provided by Calvin.

About walking under water, there is a rule in GTA SA which is if you don't enter the water from surface(falling into the water etc.) floating rules don't apply to you, so you can 'walk' under water therefore you could just take the player out and in again below the surface and player can walk, however there are some weird visual effects.
oh btw are you the Telekinetic on supernatural RP servers?
So I was corrected about the coordinate thing, and yes, that'd absolutely be me. Who are you?
Old 06/05/2016, 09:50 PM   #8
Ivan_Ino
Big Clucker

well.. i made this maybe this can help you..

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=606323
Ivan_Ino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2016, 09:53 PM   #9
Telekinetic
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan_Ino View Post
well.. i made this maybe this can help you..

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=606323
Yep. I saw that. Thank you, and anyone who responded to this thread with help.

P.S Pro, who are you?
Old 06/05/2016, 10:09 PM   #10
Ivan_Ino
Big Clucker

Quote:
Well.. you can set SetPlayerMaxOxygenValue(playerid, 5000.0); so that is x50 than default, so u can be under water too long..

about walking under water, that anyway will be detected like under water, dont worry
Ivan_Ino is offline   Reply With Quote