SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 06/06/2019, 03:23 AM   #1
MobbyGamer
Little Clucker

Question I want YOUR opinion

What makes a server appealing/stand out to you. Is it the staff, is it the forum post with flashy photos and a crazy back story. Is it the server player count, as much as the server content? I genuinely want to know what makes you guys play, and continues to bring you back when looking for other places to play.
MobbyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2019, 06:21 AM   #2
LowIQ
Little Clucker

Default Re: I want YOUR opinion

Folowing content is only my opinion and i dont hate any kind of gamemode type.

1. Open world

My favorite type of gamemode that brings me back is Open World type for sure.
What i mean is that you join the server, and there is many options to do. You can
choose if you go to make some job, or you can just looking for side missions, find hidden
pickups, aim hitman players, go fishing or other kind of stuff to make money, buy house
or just walk around and kill players like outlaw. Open world gamemode is the best choice for me.
Also, if the gamemode have own story, not just gangsters, CJ and BIGSMOKE. Be creative and
make some simple story and image of your own gamemode.

2. Realistic level

There is nothing funny about tons of teleports, car spawns commands, weapon commands with nonsense story. This will not bring you back since you can "cheat" with teleports and spawn commands and no cheater have fun for long time. Make it "realistic" without teleports and "cheat" stuff. But not too much realistic like fuel, hungry level ect. Because the player come to play a game. Not to feed tamagochi.

3. Minigames

If iam a new player and i find out trought story, missions or just gameplay that there is some UNIQE and COOL and "NEVER SEEN BEFORE" minigames, with some kind of rewards, than i coem back to the server just to play some cool minigame with other players or even a singleplayer if that is cool. Gta is based on killing, car driving ect. But people are interested in many different things. Some love to ride trucks, some love to make records on cool challanges, some like to interact with other players ect. Make something special and different things so EVERYBODY can find his way/path in your gamemode.

4. Always be creative

As i already said. Be creative. Do not get inspiration for whole gamemode style on others. Make somethig, that is not even there yet. There is TONS of similiar gamemodes for years and players are just bored of that. Make something that they never seen before. Give your gamemode story and image as i already said.

Note: Remember that there is TONS of objects, TONS of texture for objects, TONS of weather styles, TONS of
SOUNDS you can work with ect. Just with these things u can make an ORIGINAL never seen before gamemode
if you add some story to this.

5. ALWAYS ASK AND WORK WITH PLAYERS

There was many servers where i played long time. The problem was that when i found some bug, or something nonsense, the owner just did not response or admin said there will be no any change.
This is so wrong. You have to make system for report bugs, let people share their opinions, ask them what they dont like and what should be updated. You know what i mean.

6. Admin Team

You can have the GOD DAMN BEST gamemode ever in the history and nobody will come back if there is
aggresive, greedy, egoist admin team. I think no more explenation needed. Just choose Admins you trust,
and if you dont have friends, than "Check" players attitude and choose someone you think he got some IQ.
But always check how does he act when you join as "newPlayer" and you ask for help.

Well. Just be creative and dont copy ideas that are here for decades.
Ofcourse there is similar things everywhere like when u die you respawn in the nearest hospital ect.
But this is not what i mean. What i mean is that you have to make your OWN atmosphere for YOUR
gamemode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobbyGamer View Post
I want YOUR opinion
We want UNIQUE and NEW STYLE gamemode.

Simplicity is the key.
LowIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Gforcez
Gangsta

What makes it stand out? Being fun to play.

Gforcez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2019, 03:22 PM   #4
MobbyGamer
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
What makes it stand out? Being fun to play.
But in what stance do you qualify, making fun to play.
Old 06/06/2019, 04:53 PM   #5
SonnyGamer
Huge Clucker

If staff is trash even most beautiful server is pointless. And it's very hard to find good staff, most of them will backstabb you. Maybe it's best if you don't have staff at all.
SonnyGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/06/2019, 07:07 PM   #6
MobbyGamer
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyGamer View Post
If staff is trash even most beautiful server is pointless. And it's very hard to find good staff, most of them will backstabb you. Maybe it's best if you don't have staff at all.
What you're stating is a very true statement, people forget that maintaining a business and friendship mixed can be tough. That's why you must have a mature audience, I personally think when trying to run any business. You're staff should show maturity and a sign of respect for themselves, to be seen as a pillar of the community. Also what most staff lack is understanding, and when to take the blame to correct an issue in the community. But you are right.
Old 07/06/2019, 07:40 AM   #7
fiki574
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowIQ View Post
But not too much realistic like fuel, hungry level ect. Because the player come to play a game. Not to feed tamagochi.
Lmao, truth has been spoken.

Nicely analyzed, I like all your points.
Old 07/06/2019, 07:48 AM   #8
MobbyGamer
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiki574 View Post
Lmao, truth has been spoken.

Nicely analyzed, I like all your points.
I like it realistic, like when you have to actually fill a magazine, to shoot when out of bullets. It cause's people to actually play the game. But I do understand it can be a too much to other players. But I do understand the standpoints, I appreciate all your guy's insight.
Old 10/06/2019, 04:48 PM   #9
Stones
Huge Clucker

I'm logging into SAMP for the first time in probably like 2 years.

And from memory a big part of my experience was staff, how staff acted how they dealt with rule breakers, hackers and so on, i just feel that staff play a big part when you judge a server.