SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Tools and Files

Old 08/05/2020, 10:21 PM   #11
JeaSon
Gangsta

Default Re: bAnticheat [C# Client]

can i use it in fivem GTA v multiplayer? is it possible to check forbidden files in whole hdd or ssd? like to check if any of these files running just ban the player
Old 20/05/2020, 01:08 AM   #12
bruxo00
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukie View Post
Some server are using this AC, But they're claiming that they create this AC
If they credit me it's fine, if they don't, well, there is really nothing I can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeaSon View Post
can i use it in fivem GTA v multiplayer? is it possible to check forbidden files in whole hdd or ssd? like to check if any of these files running just ban the player
Technically you can, you just need to rewrite the server side scripts. You can scan the whole computer, but I don't know if you need to do any changes to the code, it has been some time since I touched this, I don't remember if I restricted the search to the GTA directory, but I don't think I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaprnks View Post
This is an excellent concept, but its unfortunate this will result in banning of ALL mods. Especially those essential .asi based fixes (anticrasher.asi, mousefix.asi, MixSets.asi, fastload.asi). All of those ASI plugins have nothing to do with cheating & actually improve the gameplay experience. Mousefix.asi especially, as for me it fixes some major mouse bugs within GTA SA itself. Not being able to use it would render the whole server unplayable.

In my opinion, completely banning the ASI loader & modloader entirely becomes more harmful than helpful. My suggestion is to add a more in-depth filter, allowing the ASI loader to work; but whitelisting specific ASI plugin hashes. Like a list of known & verified ASI plugins that only improve experience & have zero benefit for cheating.
That's the good thing about this anticheat, it's up to the server owner to choose which files are forbidden and which action should be taken for each individual file.

[INC] SAMPMailJS
[FS] doxIT!
[GM] Paradise City Roleplay
[TOOL] bAnticheat
[TOOL] Logs Checker
[TUTORIAL] Email confirmation system

www.mp3it.cc · www.diogomartino.com
bruxo00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/05/2020, 02:59 AM   #13
Sasino97
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeaSon View Post
Are you sure you can legally scan the whole hard disk of a player without them knowing?
If I found out a server did this to me, I'd file a lawsuit.
Old 27/06/2020, 05:18 PM   #14
SkyFlare
Huge Clucker

I feel like this would gain so much attention SA-MP wide if you made it a lot more customize-able with the file banning, maybe find out each individual file, which is usually modified, because if you really payed attention, we could simply check for a cleo file, even better if we are individually checking files, we could use that ingame for instance...
Consider this a List Dialog below

[AntiCheat Check]
Modified Files: YES
Has Cleo Folder: YES
HAS S0 B3 1T: YES
[View All Mods] [Exit]

Because you'll find majority of users on sa-mp modify their files, in superficial or deep changes.
if we ban every user with a custom SA-MP Folder youll have 0 Players.

After checking over the files, I feel like the only setback is the fact its not customize-able for file checking, especially when majority of Server Administrators use S0 B3 1T, Roleplay Gamemode Players (Which is majority of SA-MP) use mods such as Custom Skins, Custom Cars, Emergency Lights Mod for Factions such as LSPD / LSFMD.

and then on the other hand, we also have 0.3.7 DL where everyone has custom modifications.

theres been a lot of hotfixes for SA-MP that a lot of users implement, majority of the users download GTA SA From Torrent with pre modded vehicles, a friend of mine didnt even realize his Elegy wasn't supposed to look like a Nissan Skyline untill he seen a photo of one.

bit off topic but still the issues ive written, hinder this useless to the public community unless its got a way to add forbidden checksums manually through server side, so they are not modifiable on client side, as goes for whitelisted checksums, for mods that we want to define harmless, or even specific files to not bother checking such as skins or vehicles or any textures really, youd make a game changing experience and I believe this anti cheat alone could eliminate hackers directly and completely if we band together with it, a server with 300+ Players isnt going to lose anyone if they switched to this, and majority of the community would love it, no competitive honest player likes a hacker, the thing is as soon as a new hack comes out, we can find out really quickly, if the hacks are detected through gameplay, or reports from other players, but not the anti cheat, we can use the client to find out, what files are modified, due to them passing through the checksum list of known hacks, sorry for the lengthy reply, I just feel like this is such a waste of a really amazing future for SA-MP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97 View Post
Are you sure you can legally scan the whole hard disk of a player without them knowing?
If I found out a server did this to me, I'd file a lawsuit.
From a legal perspective, if you filed lawsuit, the Program would get dissected to find if any files are being READ other than md5 checksums, being checked against a list of known unwanted ones, we are talking about an Anti Cheat, if you have ever played an Online Game that has had an anti cheat, your pc hard disk has already been scanned without you knowing, actually infact if you read the End User Agreement (which you agreed to by the way, when installing the game) that has an Anti Cheat, youd know your Hard Disk was being scanned.

Further more, your PC has an Anti Virus that does the exact same thing, in realtime constantly whenever a new file touches your Disk. and even more so, this is an Open Source Anti Cheat, if people are using the same source code, if this gets locked down, or even pre compiled, we can check md5 of the application to make sure its not modified to find users information etc or log anything.
Link
Information
S-Store System V2 LinkIngame Store in Dialogs
SkyFlare is offline   Reply With Quote