SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP DL Edition > SA-MP 0.3.DL

Old 14/11/2017, 10:26 PM   #21
[Twixx]
Banned

Default Re: SA-MP Object Sharing Website - samp-objects.com

Southclaw, make it so that you have to specify the polycount when adding a model, please.

EDIT: Also there should be some sort of standard/requirements. No unoptimized, amateur models.

For example, the crate available on the website is 560 triangles. I have made the exact type of crate with just 116 triangles. That's 5 times less triangles.

[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/11/2017, 10:40 PM   #22
davve95
High-roller

Or like high poly or low poly section and be specific in the description aswell.
davve95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/11/2017, 10:51 PM   #23
Jaxium
Little Clucker

That's neat, if given the right efforts, it will turn into an official library of assets and models. I also agree with Twixx.
Jaxium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/11/2017, 10:59 PM   #24
Baboon
Banned

Agreeing with Twixx.

Even tho the model is slightly different, it could have been optimized so much better.

Also Kalcor messed up in his tutorial: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=643636

He triangulates, but also subdivides. Thus increasing the polycount drastically. The creator of the box probably did it because it was shown like that in the tutorial.
Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/11/2017, 11:55 AM   #25
[HLF]Southclaw
Godfather

Thanks for the feedback!

As for "amateur" models, rating and comments will take care of that - manual checking isn't really scalable into the future but while the platform scales I'll definitely be checking the content as it gets added.

I am experimenting with tools to read DFF files so polygon counting may be automatic. If it was manual, users could simply lie to get their download-count or ratings up.

Plugins:

Links:

[HLF]Southclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/11/2017, 12:00 PM   #26
Codeah
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
Southclaw, make it so that you have to specify the polycount when adding a model, please.

EDIT: Also there should be some sort of standard/requirements. No unoptimized, amateur models.

For example, the crate available on the website is 560 triangles. I have made the exact type of crate with just 116 triangles. That's 5 times less triangles.
Tf, roasting my model

It was my very first model I made simply for testing,
I followed Kalcors tutorial which included subdividing. That's why it has so many triangles
Old 15/11/2017, 01:52 PM   #27
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeah View Post
Tf, roasting my model

It was my very first model I made simply for testing,
I followed Kalcors tutorial which included subdividing. That's why it has so many triangles
Wasn't meant to roast :P Also, it's not just about the subdividing. You literally have two frames on top of eachother.
[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/11/2017, 12:00 PM   #28
[HLF]Southclaw
Godfather

You can now rate objects, 1 to 5 stars! Comments are coming soon.

One thing I'd like to implement once I get my head around the DFF format and have some reliable Linux tools for working with it, is an in-browser 3D preview. If anyone is a Three.JS or WebGL expert and would like to help, that would be great!

After some other patches and cleaning up, the code for the API and the frontend will be open sourced for the community to contribute to or learn from as always!

Plugins:

Links:

Old 17/11/2017, 12:55 PM   #29
Luis-
High-roller

I'm liking this, good job Southclaw! Hopefully a lot more objects will be added.
Luis- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/11/2017, 03:20 PM   #30
[HLF]Southclaw
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis- View Post
I'm liking this, good job Southclaw! Hopefully a lot more objects will be added.
Me and my housemate are actually modelling a bunch of stuff to get the site filled up a bit. I'm not sure how many modellers there are in the community but I know there have been a lot of cross-posts from other mod sites and plain stealing of content.

I'm also using Maya so I might post about that workflow for other Maya users too.

One idea I had for mitigating copyright is requesting "work in progress" screenshots for content that users post. It's a bit difficult to fake a work-in-progress screenshot for models (at least, complex ones) because of the 3D workflow compared to other things like 2D design or gamemodes. We'll see how it works in time.

Plugins:

Links: