SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 22/02/2012, 09:10 PM   #31
IceCube!
High-roller

Location: Grove Street, Home; Atleast it was before I fucked everything up. Motto: Carpe Diem, Bitch!
Default Re: Rep System

Well I think it should be set by server for example.

RP = 30 Rep - 200 posts
DM = 5 Rep - x POsts
Racing = 10 Rep - x Posts

Then it can be judged by skill a newbie with lets say 10 rep isn't likely going to be able to make a RP server. I know this is locking me out of advertising mine, However I'd rather this than have a flooded Advert section. I have only looked at it once it was all RP so I clicked off it.

EDIT: TO determine what GM it is it has to be selected. Then it should be held for a admin or say the community to judge and say yep thats a good add no thats a n00b ad.

Image by Phyzic
Projects (28/01/2017)
None.I'm dead, honest!
IceCube! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/02/2012, 09:31 PM   #32
TheDominator
Huge Clucker

Am sorry this is very off-topic but your name is the same as the Cydia creators, Saurik. Can you please confirm whether or not you are actually Saurik the Cydia creator or someone with a similar name.

I don't care who or what you are, you show respect to me and I'll respect you back, simple.
TheDominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/02/2012, 10:45 PM   #33
Guest9328472398472

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube! View Post
Well I think it should be set by server for example.

RP = 30 Rep - 200 posts
DM = 5 Rep - x POsts
Racing = 10 Rep - x Posts

Then it can be judged by skill a newbie with lets say 10 rep isn't likely going to be able to make a RP server. I know this is locking me out of advertising mine, However I'd rather this than have a flooded Advert section. I have only looked at it once it was all RP so I clicked off it.

EDIT: TO determine what GM it is it has to be selected. Then it should be held for a admin or say the community to judge and say yep thats a good add no thats a n00b ad.
Downgrade RP to 25, that's a better rep. level then 30...
Old 23/02/2012, 03:23 PM   #34
[MM]IKKE

25 and 30 are already quite high.

For 25 rep: I counted (so full of life), and only 264 out of the 141,524 forum members have a reputation above or equal to 25. Mainly consisting of plugin scripters, beta testers and then some people who help others. I don't think a lot of them actually own a RP server.

Plus, if you have a reputation that high (and own a server), you probably have your self-made, well scripted server online. And if you really have a good server, it doesn't need any advertising...
Old 24/02/2012, 03:33 PM   #35
vassilis
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Why should the mods, or anyone else, get to say what is a "good" advert? Mods remove rule breaking posts, but a poorly written post isn't breaking any rules. The moment you start allowing for subjective post removal, you get problems. "This is the third RP server today, that's too flooded - Remove". "I think stunting sucks - Remove". I suspect the reputation system was to try and ensure that people had got some sort of level of competency before posting an advert. Maybe they should seriously up it to 50+ - That's still a few hundred people.
So true..mods can't judge which advertise is good and which is not..maybe some servers are good but the advertisement post was badly written..for some reasons or vice versa.I think people should have +40/30/50 rep to advertise...
vassilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/02/2012, 07:05 PM   #36
=WoR=Varth
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosaur View Post
I think posting advertisements should be allowed for people with absolutely no reputation points. If i join these forums and get familiar with SA-MP, i should have the right to post an advertisement for my new server, even if it is a prebuilt script! Its silly to allow people to release scripts and then get angry when users use these scripts for their servers. The advertisement section has a rating system, which you are free to use :P. If you dont like the advertisement, simply vote it down.

Thats the only reason i can think of that would be the cause of the reputation limit. If it has to do with double posting the ads or having multiple accounts - then simply issue a warning and ban them if they continue, since thats against the rules. Having a reputation limit for this simply doesnt make sense, especially when it causes people to beg for reputation. Why have a filter that causes problems, doesnt work, and doesnt make sense?
+1
The problem is the rep, not the ad.
Old 24/02/2012, 11:06 PM   #37
Saurik
High-roller

Idk why people suddenly started talking about mods regulating the ads. Just change the rep system.
Saurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/02/2012, 06:14 AM   #38
=WoR=Varth
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik View Post
Hello Guys !

I know this has been posted a lot but I just really want to make a point. Basically, in the beginning, the rep system was a wonderful way to keep more people from posting shitty ads. Now it looks like the section is once again being flooded with shitty servers and the rep system isn't helping. Just saw a kid begging for rep and saw that he already has 7 points. So now he can easily go and post his shitty rp server. I think there needs to be a new way to keep people from posting the ads.

Suggestion:
  • You need 50 posts and 20 rep points to post in ads section
  • You need 30 posts and 15 rep before your rep will affect others.

How do you feel ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Why should the mods, or anyone else, get to say what is a "good" advert? Mods remove rule breaking posts, but a poorly written post isn't breaking any rules. The moment you start allowing for subjective post removal, you get problems. "This is the third RP server today, that's too flooded - Remove". "I think stunting sucks - Remove". I suspect the reputation system was to try and ensure that people had got some sort of level of competency before posting an advert. Maybe they should seriously up it to 50+ - That's still a few hundred people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik View Post
Idk why people suddenly started talking about mods regulating the ads. Just change the rep system.
That's why.
Old 25/02/2012, 08:10 AM   #39
iPLEOMAX
High-roller

I visited the Advertisement section around 3 times from the date of my registration.
I only visit if someone else told me to see that adv because it's well organized and all.

I've seen one adv for an RP server with dynamic city system. Only such ones get my attention.

So, basically, what I'm trying to say is don't give attention to crappy ads. (I know you don't but you get frustated..) ._.
Old 25/02/2012, 02:06 PM   #40
IceCube!
High-roller

Location: Grove Street, Home; Atleast it was before I fucked everything up. Motto: Carpe Diem, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX View Post
I've seen one adv for an RP server with dynamic city system
A Dynamic City System? Whats that I cant understand it they cant just stand in a city and type /city. THen all the things spawn such as the PD, THe Hospital.. plus that wouldnt be dynamic that would be coded. So what is it?

Image by Phyzic
Projects (28/01/2017)
None.I'm dead, honest!
IceCube! is offline   Reply With Quote