SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 04/08/2012, 11:09 PM   #1
BittleRyan
Big Clucker

Default A new gun dealing system for Roleplay servers?

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out the best way to make a different weapons dealing system that is more realistic than getting materials and then *poof* you are able to create a gun. The more difficult to actually Make/Get the gun the better as getting a gun illegally should pose a challenge.

The problem is very few people "make" custom guns in their garage. Every weapon comes from a manufacturer somewhere and then is stolen/smuggled to the states or other country. The whole goal is to find a way to make it so illegal guns are an option, without making it ridiculously dumb.

Anybody have any ideas regarding illegal weapons?

Here are some ideas I have brainstormed:

You could buy a gun at random smuggle points to prevent cops MGing the location. Only 1 gun can be smuggled in the entire server every 15-45 minutes to prevent everyone from getting smuggled guns and making a market for them.
I don't like the above option because I think it puts too much restraint on illegal weapons and they will be to difficult to get. I am trying to achieve difficult, but a little less than that. Though this does sound like the most realistic option.

Another option, you have to buy the guns legally from Ammunation. However, if you have a felony on your record you can't purchase it. That makes it so people have to purchase it legally initially and then sell the guns/give it to someone to sell.
I don't like the above option because I find it is also unrealistic for someone to be able to buy 20 AK-47s without the authorities becoming suspicious and launching an investigation. Also I think it again, restricts weapons too much because almost everyone in the illegal business of gun smuggling will have a "felony", they would have to recruit people who have not committed crimes.

I know what I want is probably going to be just about impossible to achieve, but I am hoping for at least an ounce of realism added to the illegal weapon industry. I am sure there is at least one way to do it.

Any ideas?
BittleRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2012, 11:14 PM   #2
2KY
Gangsta

Default Re: A new gun dealing system for Roleplay servers?

Weapon parts, learn how weapons are created, put those parts together, and wallah - a weapon.
Old 04/08/2012, 11:24 PM   #3
BittleRyan
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY View Post
Weapon parts, learn how weapons are created, put those parts together, and wallah - a weapon.
Where would you get weapon parts?
Old 04/08/2012, 11:28 PM   #4
2KY
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittleRyan View Post
Where would you get weapon parts?
Find them laying around, or make a mine where you can get ores and smelt them, ect. Sounds more like an RPG, but it'd be fun lol.
Old 05/08/2012, 01:14 AM   #5
BittleRyan
Big Clucker

Edited: Delete

Last edited by BittleRyan; 05/08/2012 at 07:22 PM.