SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Closed Thread

Old 09/08/2015, 03:55 AM   #11
Cameryn
Huge Clucker

Default Re: People are leaving SA-MP or it will stay the best GTA online game forever?

I use to play SA-MP with my boyfriend when I had the most crappiest laptop ever and it was pretty fun. Even more fun than Garry's Mod DarkRP. I highly doubt it's just going to "die".
Old 09/08/2015, 04:20 AM   #12
JD
Little Clucker

Default Re: People are leaving SA-MP or it will stay the best GTA online game forever?

First of all let me start out by saying that I love this mod, started playing when I was young, was still in school to be exact. I remember seeing this mod being advertised on game magazines, (can't remember the name of the magazine) thanks to this game and amazing mod, I started to build my very first PC, and thanks to this mod I got "hooked" in pc gaming. I will always remember all the fun me, my bro and uncles had with this game/mod, now I'm 25, dad, and don't have time to play anymore like I use to, although I still log into a server for a few minutes, to remember all the fun times I had. Amazing and a very popular mod that my GF played as well... THANKS SA-MP TEAM, for everything!

Now regarding GTA V, people have to realize that GTA V is a super good port, people are building "budget" PC'S for under $300, and are able to run the game in 1080p with medium settings, I've done the same and tested the game on an "entry level laptop". Now the laptop has a quad core AMD a6-6310 @1.8Ghz and a very low end R4 graphics, everything set to low I'm able to achieve ~30 FPS not bad for a processor and graphics that were ment for a tablet lol. Now the budget pc I ended up building was $380, includes an HD 7870, Athlon x4 860k and 8GB ram, and I'm able to run GTA V in 1080p and very high settings at 45-73 FPS, not bad for $380 bucks.

SAMP should make a mod for GTA V, to keep this amazing mod active for many years to come!
Old 09/08/2015, 04:20 AM   #13
Variable™
Gangsta

I play samp when I have time.
Yeah, I think samp is dying.
Old 09/08/2015, 04:53 AM   #14
!damo!spiderman
Huge Clucker

There's been countless mods for GTA:SA, countless failed mods for GTA:IV and there will be countless failed ones for GTA:V. I don't think it will affect much, not any time soon at least.
Old 09/08/2015, 06:52 AM   #15
Potassium
High-roller

I suggest you search "samp dying" and find the 10000 threads that already exist about this topic for people's opinions.

Potassium
Old 09/08/2015, 07:04 AM   #16
[WoF]Sonny
Big Clucker

Well, sa-mp is not going to just "die" but it will change. It was almost 4. years since I started my server and I can tell you sa-mp as mod has improved but people changed. Back then it was fun to play, there was a lot of good people but these days I'm surrounded with kids screaming "Unbanned me bro i no chit bro pliz"
I personally decided to leave sa-mp before the end of this year but not because of other mods and games, the reason I mentioned above.
I think sa-mp will live few more years.
Old 09/08/2015, 07:14 AM   #17
Glossy42O
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [WoF]Sonny View Post
Well, sa-mp is not going to just "die" but it will change. It was almost 4. years since I started my server and I can tell you sa-mp as mod has improved but people changed. Back then it was fun to play, there was a lot of good people but these days I'm surrounded with kids screaming "Unbanned me bro i no chit bro pliz"
I personally decided to leave sa-mp before the end of this year but not because of other mods and games, the reason I mentioned above.
I think sa-mp will live few more years.
Yeah. I do remember those times in your server with Madagascar..

anyways, i think i will leave soon either.. i just need to know what am i moving on to
Old 09/08/2015, 07:42 AM   #18
rymax99
Gangsta

English community of SA-MP is certainly taking a hit, but dying as a whole, it will eventually, but at this time it's not dead by any means.
Old 09/08/2015, 11:48 AM   #19
Arastair
Gangsta

Actually, SA-MP is not dying because of GTA Online, Of course it's way better than SA-MP, but most of the servers are getting closed by owners for "moving on" reasons, and I've seen many players leaving sa-mp because of that, many great players left sa-mp 1 or 2 years ago and have been online of forums, SA-MP is already dead
Old 09/08/2015, 11:54 AM   #20
J0sh...
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder View Post
I don't think that mod will affect SA-MP at all. As of right now, their forums look like shit. Plus, a large majority of SA-MP is poor people that can't afford a better game, or better yet a good PC to play the better games.
Seems they made that hideous theme the default, used to be okay before.
Closed Thread