SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 08/01/2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Scarred
Big Clucker

Default What triggers class selection?

In my mode, when a player dies, they are sent to the class selection - I would like to just skip this entire process, and spawn them..

What's wrong with it? It logs them in, sets their spawn info, then I use SpawnPlayer(..) to spawn them, this should in no way send them to the class selection, however, it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
We are a community defined by nothing except for the script we play on (which is edited frequently, may I add!) and the ground we walk on (and even that isn't final ) Everything in our community is dynamic, and easily editable meaning YOU, the character, define who you are. The script doesn't ask you questions such as how old you are, what gender, what race, et cetera. YOU define yourself, not a variable in your file sitting on a database along with 500,000 other "users".

You are your own character, and I will leave you with one question;

Who will you be?
Scarred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2012, 07:46 PM   #2
Scarred
Big Clucker

Default Re: What triggers class selection?

So, Spawning the player is not a good idea? That's a problem, lol. I've seen scripts where it has worked consistently, and I've had a few myself, but I don't have the source to look at from those; nor have I ever had a script of this mass before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY
We are a community defined by nothing except for the script we play on (which is edited frequently, may I add!) and the ground we walk on (and even that isn't final ) Everything in our community is dynamic, and easily editable meaning YOU, the character, define who you are. The script doesn't ask you questions such as how old you are, what gender, what race, et cetera. YOU define yourself, not a variable in your file sitting on a database along with 500,000 other "users".

Who will you be?
Old 08/01/2012, 09:09 PM   #3
Scarred
Big Clucker

Default Re: What triggers class selection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
Basically, you just need to constantly respawn the player at the right spots. More than that I can't tell you as I said, I've not fully figured it all out.
Alright, thanks. I'll let you know if I find out anything more on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KY

Who will you be?