SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 25/08/2013, 02:15 AM   #1
DanishHaq
High-roller

Default Who/what inspired you to start scripting? How did you start? What now? What are you planning for your scripting future?

The title says it all, share a bit about who or what inspired you to start scripting, how did you start to learn, understand and gain your knowledge of SA-MP scripting, and what are you doing now scripting wise, and what do you plan for the future?

Quote:
I saw a lot of GM's, and the possibility rate of what I thought could've been accomplished was immense. So I left the server(s) I was playing on at the time and started learning pawno. I learned most of my knowledge by making a few GF edits. It costed time, but was worth it. Now I am learning the YSI library, and hopefully creating my own GM from scratch. I have no idea about my future plans right now...
DanishHaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/08/2013, 03:11 AM   #2
Mean
High-roller

Default Re: Who/what inspired you to start scripting? How did you start? What now? What are you planning for your scripting futu

Inspired by cmg4life, learned by various tutorials, currently making an A/D gamemode, in the future I plan to relase DontDropTheSoap v2 where black skins would have a 100/100 chance of giving STD's.

Ground breaking stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
I've met Mean on a few occasions in real life, a true genius and a 400 pound all-muscle gorilla alpha male. He has had a great influence on my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
I don't know where I'd be today without Mean. He has helped me through some tough times in my life. He always brings a smile to my face. Such a positive lad!
Mean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/08/2013, 03:34 AM   #3
Snipa
Banned

Default Re: Who/what inspired you to start scripting? How did you start? What now? What are you planning for your scripting futu

Inspired by cmg4life, learned by various tutorials, currently making a TDM gamemode.
Snipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/08/2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Jansish

inspired by cmg4life, learned by various tutorials, currently making a rp server
Old 26/08/2013, 12:13 AM   #5
DanishHaq
High-roller

Just curious, please don't kill me for saying this, but who's cmg4life? Never heard of him .

Know the difference...
DanishHaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2013, 12:21 AM   #6
linuxthefish
High-roller

Personally, cmg4life has been a great inspiration to me.
linuxthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2013, 12:27 AM   #7
TheMaddox
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishHaq View Post
Just curious, please don't kill me for saying this, but who's cmg4life? Never heard of him .
I said that to myself too, he is an old member if im not wrong. - I searched his name here, and i looked over his posts, he is impressive.
TheMaddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2013, 11:10 AM   #8
[jS]Thomas

cmg4life means a lot to me, i would never have started scripting and being a general dick with more rep than posts without him.
Old 26/08/2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Black Wolf
Gangsta

I got inspired by a guy named [HPS]Hellboy.I first started with learning syntax's lol.I wanted to script myself and i picked up computer science engineering a year ago.Now all my future is about PROGRAMMING.I wish to do something big in programming world. /meh love programming.
Old 26/08/2013, 11:22 AM   #10
GamerX54
Huge Clucker

cmg4life is best teacher