SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10/12/2017, 03:57 PM   #21
TakeiT
Gangsta
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 797
Reputation: 157
Default Re: Scripting as a team

I've created a folder for a developer and shared that folder in Dropbox, then allowed them to create a filterscript where they can put all their code into. Wouldn't recommend it sharing one script, though I've done it with a modular gamemode. You just have to make sure you aren't editing the same file at the same time.

Then installed dropbox on linux server and created a command in game to reload each dev's filterscript, mainly for testing without restarting the entire server/having to upload anything.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2017, 05:03 PM   #22
Y_Less
Beta Tester
 
Y_Less's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: 629 - git.io/Y
Posts: 15,304
Reputation: 3191
Default Re: Scripting as a team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT View Post
I've created a folder for a developer and shared that folder in Dropbox, then allowed them to create a filterscript where they can put all their code into. Wouldn't recommend it sharing one script, though I've done it with a modular gamemode. You just have to make sure you aren't editing the same file at the same time.

Then installed dropbox on linux server and created a command in game to reload each dev's filterscript, mainly for testing without restarting the entire server/having to upload anything.
Well done - you've half created a poor imitation of source control. Everything you just described is what git and other things do but with less steps and more protections (for example git will 99% of the time automatically resolve when two people edit the same file, and make the other 1% easy to merge manually).
Y_Less is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14/12/2017, 02:01 PM   #23
adri1
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,927
Reputation: 955
Default Re: Scripting as a team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
Use Bitbucket and SourceTree. Essentially the same as Github but free. I also like to keep my dev files on ****** Drive so it's shared with my other developer.
If you are student you can get for free Student Developer Pack that includes Github developer plan (unlimited private repositories)
https://education.github.com/pack
adri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/06/2018, 01:34 PM   #24
Sasino97
High-roller
 
Sasino97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 1,423
Reputation: 117
Cool Re: Scripting as a team

If you have problems with Git, I suggest you to try Mercurial (hg). It is very similar to Git but a bit less complicated. I'm always using Mercurial, and TortoiseHg as a GUI.
The best repository website is https://bitbucket.org/
It is completely free for small teams, even private/hidden projects.
Sasino97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/08/2018, 10:35 PM   #25
Jeroen52
Gangsta
 
Jeroen52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 867
Reputation: 71
Default Re: Scripting as a team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97 View Post
If you have problems with Git, I suggest you to try Mercurial (hg). It is very similar to Git but a bit less complicated. I'm always using Mercurial, and TortoiseHg as a GUI.
The best repository website is https://bitbucket.org/
It is completely free for small teams, even private/hidden projects.
I personally use the following:

Version control: Git for Windows
GUI: GitExtensions
Merging/diff: KDiff3
SSH: PuTTY
Code hosting: Self-hosted GitLab (warning: RAM hogger)
Continuous integration: Self-hosted GitLab-runner (automatically deploys and updates the server)
__________________
Jeroen52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Tutorial] Getting Started on TDM Scripting for newbie (Setting up team, Setting up team color, Anti teamkill[EXPLAINED] qazwsx Tutorials 7 14/10/2013 08:13 AM
Looking for a scripting team RainMultiGaming Scripting Help 0 15/12/2011 05:14 PM
scripting team [asg]davo Help Archive 19 18/05/2010 08:51 AM
Need A Scripting Team Saurik Help Archive 0 17/05/2010 12:46 AM
Scripting Team armyoftwo Help Archive 1 15/12/2009 05:02 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.