SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 30/03/2019, 10:40 PM   #1
Grumbles
Little Clucker

Default About the wrong command

Hello guys,

For example, I used the command '/ test'. However, the server has '/ testing' command. How can I list similar commands instead of "SERVER: Unknown Command"?

The message that should come out is: "Incorrect command entered. Similar to: / testing"

I don't know how to do it. I'm waiting for your help.

Regards.
Grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/03/2019, 11:04 PM   #2
RogueDrifter
High-roller

Default Re: About the wrong command

You'd literally have to make a /test command that would refer back to /testing (which is useless) that's why some cmd includes give you the option of creating an alias, other names for the same command.

[Github]:Link [Gists]:Link [Forum]:Link [Server]:Link [Discord]:Link

RogueDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/03/2019, 02:10 AM   #3
Grumbles
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDrifter View Post
You'd literally have to make a /test command that would refer back to /testing (which is useless) that's why some cmd includes give you the option of creating an alias, other names for the same command.
Since the first three letters are similar, can't I propose this instead of the error command?
Old 31/03/2019, 04:26 AM   #4
iorp
Big Clucker

Define the alias for your command

iorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/03/2019, 04:27 AM   #5
Crayder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbles View Post
Since the first three letters are similar, can't I propose this instead of the error command?
No. This is something you'll have to implement.

Which command processor are you using? Most of the more modern ones such as SmartCMD, Pawn.CMD, or YCMD all include ways to define alias commands to do exactly what you are asking for (as RogueDrifter mentioned already).

If you are using an older one such as ZCMD, you'll need to call the other command within a completely separate command.

@"iorp"; GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU IMBECILE. THIS IS A PLACE WHERE WE TEACH PEOPLE. IT'S CALLED "SCRIPTING HELP", NOT "BULLSHIT". If you don't know how to help just don't. If you do know how to help then do that instead of commenting something dumb that's not going to help or teach anyone.
Crayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/03/2019, 04:37 AM   #6
iorp
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder View Post

Which command processor are you using? Most of the more modern ones such as SmartCMD, Pawn.CMD, or YCMD all include ways to define alias commands to do exactly what you are asking for (as RogueDrifter mentioned already).

If you are using an older one such as ZCMD, you'll need to call the other command within a completely separate command.

@"iorp"; GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE YOU IMBECILE. THIS IS A PLACE WHERE WE TEACH PEOPLE. IT'S CALLED "SCRIPTING HELP", NOT "BULLSHIT". If you don't know how to help just don't. If you do know how to help then do that instead of commenting something dumb that's not going to help or teach anyone.
Nope, If he asked me "how to make a alias" or "I do not know what the alias is", Then I will send him a complete description of the alias for the command and He can search for it on the forum. ****** once told me, We provide the information that was needed, Instead of teaching every single line of code, so fuck of

iorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/04/2019, 02:21 AM   #7
Grumbles
Little Clucker

You misunderstood me. I'm not talking about alias. I don't know the name of a command. I'm just writing '/ hel'.
I want to say that the command '/ help' is on the server instead of the unknown command error.

I guess you didn't understand me for using ****** translate. XD
Old 03/04/2019, 03:26 AM   #8
Crayder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbles View Post
You misunderstood me. I'm not talking about alias. I don't know the name of a command. I'm just writing '/ hel'.
I want to say that the command '/ help' is on the server instead of the unknown command error.

I guess you didn't understand me for using ****** translate. XD
Again, different command processors go about this different ways.

From my understanding you wish to display a message like "Sorry the command '/hel' doesn't exist! Did you mean '/help'?"

To do this you will need a list of all of your commands and a way to compare each command to the given input. You may even want a Levenshtein distance calculation. This will determine which command is closest to the input.

Once you have that part figured out the rest depends on what command processor you use. So, again, what command processor do you use?
Crayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2019, 09:38 AM   #9
CONTROLA
Huge Clucker

Quote:
get a chill pill
CONTROLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/04/2019, 06:02 PM   #10
Grumbles
Little Clucker

Quote:
Again, different command processors go about this different ways.

From my understanding you wish to display a message like "Sorry the command '/hel' doesn't exist! Did you mean '/help'?"

To do this you will need a list of all of your commands and a way to compare each command to the given input. You may even want a Levenshtein distance calculation. This will determine which command is closest to the input.

Once you have that part figured out the rest depends on what command processor you use. So, again, what command processor do you use?
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I'm using OnPlayerCommandText as the command client.