SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 22/03/2019, 03:35 PM   #1
Marshas
Little Clucker

Default OnPlayerSwitchWeapon?

Hey everyone, is there any callback such as OnPlayerSwitchWeapon, OnPlayerChangeWeapon? I tried to use OnPlayerUpdate to detect when player changes weapon, but it's not stable lets say. It works sometimes, and do not when there is fast weapon switch, soo I need callback which will be called every time weapon changes. It may be plugin (I think it would be more accurate), it may be include either, whatever, I need this callback . I saw OnPlayerStatsAndWeaponsUpdate callback in YSF plugin, but it's called like every second, that's too big interval for me, cause I need to change player weapon to another right after previous one is given. Anyway, it's not big deal what am I doing, as I said - I need that callback .
Marshas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 03:50 PM   #2
Bolex_
Gangsta

Default Re: OnPlayerSwitchWeapon?

@SV

Code:
new lastWeapon[MAX_PLAYERS];public OnPlayerConnect(playerid){    lastWeapon[playerid] = 0;    return 1;}public OnPlayerUpdate(playerid){    new w = GetPlayerWeapon(playerid);    if(w != lastWeapon[playerid])    {        OnPlayerChangeWeapon(playerid, w, lastWeapon[playerid]);    }    lastWeapon[playerid] = w;    return 1;}OnPlayerChangeWeapon(playerid, newgun, oldgun){    return 1;}
Bolex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 04:08 PM   #3
Marshas
Little Clucker

Yeah, tried something like that, but the thing is that I make over 50iterations on every weapon change, and that's big amount for OnPlayerUpdate which is called about 32 times a second as far as am I aware of, despite the fact, that I use several functions, comparissions and other stuff in that time.
Old 22/03/2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Kaliber
High-roller

Just check OnPlayerKeyStateChange

There you can check if he presses Q and can instant check if the weapon got changed

So you dont need unnecessary checks
Old 22/03/2019, 05:17 PM   #5
antixgaming
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaliber View Post

There you can check if he presses Q and can instant check if the weapon got changed

But what if player changed their weapon by mouse? Or if he had other key that made him able to change weapon.
antixgaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 05:34 PM   #6
m4karow
Huge Clucker

Quote:

This is a totally stupid idea...
m4karow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 06:04 PM   #7
NaS
High-roller

Quote:

The weapon switch keys are not synced, neither OnPlayerKeyStateChange nor GetPlayerKeys will detect them. So this isn't even possible. Also there are multiple ways to switch a weapon so additional checks would be required anyway.

You need to use a timer or something similar for this.
If OnPlayerUpdate is called too often in your opinion, use a timer with a higher interval.
I'd suggest starting with a 500ms timer. If it skips too many weapon changes, lower it until it works as expected.

OnPlayerUpdate is the fastest detection you can do ("fastest" as of reaction time) since it's called everytime the weapon ID gets synced, so you cannot technically check it more often than that (you can check it, but the value won't change until the next update).
NaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 06:15 PM   #8
Marshas
Little Clucker

Alright, I will try to figure something with timer. Thanks for response!

PS: What do you mean by saying "or something similar for this"? Like timestamp or tick count check in OnPlayerUpdate? Or you see other way to do this? I thought maybe I could try to write simple plugin to detect weapon change, but I'm zero on C++ (at least I have not tried that programming language.) :/.
Old 22/03/2019, 06:29 PM   #9
NaS
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshas View Post
Alright, I will try to figure something with timer. Thanks for response!

PS: What do you mean by saying "or something similar for this"? Like timestamp or tick count check in OnPlayerUpdate? Or you see other way to do this? I thought maybe I could try to write simple plugin to detect weapon change, but I'm zero on C++ (at least I have not tried that programming language.) :/.
You could do that too but calling one native and doing int comparisons is literally what you do to check the weapon. So if you do that, you could just put the code into OnPlayerUpdate in the first place without additional checks (which I still recommend if you want it to react as fast as possible).

You cannot get more accurate than that even with a plugin. The data is just not synced more often.
NaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/03/2019, 06:43 PM   #10
Marshas
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS View Post
You could do that too but calling one native and doing int comparisons is literally what you do to check the weapon. So if you do that, you could just put the code into OnPlayerUpdate in the first place without additional checks (which I still recommend if you want it to react as fast as possible).

You cannot get more accurate than that even with a plugin. The data is just not synced more often.
That's the point. I do not need more often, I need in the right place in the right time. That's why I am searching for callback such as OnPlayerSwitchWeapon.