SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/11/2019, 02:20 AM   #1021
Paddylsrp
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
Reputation: 3
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan View Post
Kalcor, see the community voting:

https://www.strawpoll.me/18904051/r
While I am in favour of DL, I would still give that poll a few days to actually populate properly.
Paddylsrp is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 02:36 AM   #1022
Cr0heart
Little Clucker
 
Cr0heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Croatia, Zagreb Money: 999,999,999$
Posts: 28
Reputation: 29
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

This is strange. When I analyze Kalcor's opinion in details, he is right. You guys should position yourself in his view, his years spent here and how is he experiencing this mod. SA:MP should be set in 1992 as the original game is. Main idea is the gangs, crack cocaine epidemic, hood etc. Why import iPhone in SA:MP? Why make Medieval, or Wild West in SA:MP? My friend Saddin97 once said, "you can't make pie of shit". I'm not saying Medieval or Wild West are bad ideas or boring (hell no), just it doesn't fit in the game set up in 1992. You have different animations, lack of design and smoothness.

But, I'm not saying that good ideas should be thrown away! There are not-so-clever guys here who import so much non-fitting things in SA:MP, but also there are guys with style who understand the GTA San Andreas ambient and are working so hard to get the best results possible to fit-in with GTA:SA style.

Other thing is, Kalcor you should have considered more your idea to develop DL version at all if you were not planning to release it as the official one. About saying "find a team of developers to continue your work", imagine you are working on a mod for 14 years, 14 years! (your life creation, because it is) and some guys come and now they are in charge, "legends, etc." and everyone forgot about you. How would you feel?
Cr0heart is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 02:51 AM   #1023
Venta
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart View Post
This is strange. When I analyze Kalcor's opinion in details, he is right. You guys should position yourself in his view, his years spent here and how is he experiencing this mod. SA:MP should be set in 1992 as the original game is. Main idea is the gangs, crack cocaine epidemic, hood etc. Why import iPhone in SA:MP? Why make Medieval, or Wild West in SA:MP? My friend Saddin97 once said, "you can't make pie of shit". I'm not saying Medieval or Wild West are bad ideas or boring (hell no), just it doesn't fit in the game set up in 1992. You have different animations, lack of design and smoothness.

But, I'm not saying that good ideas should be thrown away! There are not-so-clever guys here who import so much non-fitting things in SA:MP, but also there are guys with style who understand the GTA San Andreas ambient and are working so hard to get the best results possible to fit-in with GTA:SA style.

Other thing is, Kalcor you should have considered more your idea to develop DL version at all if you were not planning to release it as the official one. About saying "find a team of developers to continue your work", imagine you are working on a mod for 14 years, 14 years! (your life creation, because it is) and some guys come and now they are in charge, "legends, etc." and everyone forgot about you. How would you feel?
It was never about the 90s vanilla game theme, it mostly started as freeroam servers where people would litterally just mess around doing shit. It evolved into roleplay and other kinds of servers as years went past and new functions were introduced and people got more and more skilled into developing complex systems and gamemodes.

But let's say we stick to the 90s. Many current bigger roleplay servers introduce huge varieties of skins and objects that completely blend into the vanilla atmosphere. Like ls-rp, in example, added over a 100 custom-made low-poly skins that you couldn't tell from the R* made skins. Same goes to objects and even custom buildings. It offers server developers to expand what was really limited by R* - skins, objects and so on. It removed many limitations for the players. In example - before sheriffs and cops could only be caucasian males, now many of the roleplay servers added cop skins with different etnicities and different genders. I could go on and on with examples, as there are so many.
__________________
winRARer
www.ls-rp.io

SAMP since 2008
LSRP since 2012

#saveDL
Venta is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 02:57 AM   #1024
REYO
Big Clucker
 
REYO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 147
Reputation: 231
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart View Post
...
CJ: Gee, thanks gee.

Medieval was moved to Mordhau, where it's doing healthy.

meanwhile, on samp, we're going back to basics to provide the same qualities.
REYO is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 03:01 AM   #1025
Mobtiesgangsa
Big Clucker
 
Mobtiesgangsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Strip
Posts: 147
Reputation: 16
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Kalcor Are you seeing ghosts Bruh, no one is taking your position unless you became to much crank'ed up with this stuff man, Make SA-MP a better place again give it life by starting now.

~ Selective STAFF that will re arrange this whole forum, integrating better functionalities to the server/client modification
~ strengthen the team to do less work and more perfective designing, iterative mode forward compatible and backwards compatible server/client mod with selective featues they get for choosing options.

be reminded one thing

Future code will never exist unless legacy ancient code was never born, stack it in your mind. this is everyday work
Mobtiesgangsa is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 03:55 AM   #1026
Kalen
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan View Post
Kalcor, see the community voting:

https://www.strawpoll.me/18904051/r
Could you please stop bullshit? The fact that noones willng to reply you should have been a lesson which you should pay attention to.
Kalen is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 03:59 AM   #1027
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,178
Reputation: 2865
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

My purpose posting in this thread is to make everyone aware that SA-MP development is coming to a close.

I never asked for a debate over DL. I've been pretty clear that I have no intention of adding DL features to the next security update.

We can figure out what specific features will be included internally. There's no need for any polling or hashtag protests.

The reason I consult owners of large servers is because they're paying to run the servers and spend more time with this mod than anyone else. If server owners are rude to us or try to screw us over, I generally just ignore them.
__________________
Elvis has left the building
Kalcor is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 04:00 AM   #1028
Kalen
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 39
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan View Post
Dude will see if I'm on the beach .... boring guy!
You've already got a warning from a moderator. Just power on your mind and shut up.
Kalen is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 04:05 AM   #1029
Chavan
Big Clucker
 
Chavan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: 127.0.0.1          Money: $89,222,732.00
Posts: 105
Reputation: 11
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
My purpose posting in this thread is to make everyone aware that SA-MP development is coming to a close.

I never asked for a debate over DL. I've been pretty clear that I have no intention of adding DL features to the next security update.

We can figure out what specific features will be included internally. There's no need for any polling or hashtag protests.

The reason I consult owners of large servers is because they're paying to run the servers and spend more time with this mod than anyone else. If server owners are rude to us or try to screw us over, I generally just ignore them.
You say it might be the latest version yourself, so why not want to add DL to 0.3.9?

If the community wants it, why is it denied?

What can be added in 0.3.9?

Skins, custom objects only? I don't understand where you want to go.
__________________
"Não mude, nem se reinvente, apenas evolua."
"Don't change or reinvent yourself, just evolve."
Chavan is offline  
Old 07/11/2019, 04:07 AM   #1030
MaisterK
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 18
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
My purpose posting in this thread is to make everyone aware that SA-MP development is coming to a close.

I never asked for a debate over DL. I've been pretty clear that I have no intention of adding DL features to the next security update.

We can figure out what specific features will be included internally. There's no need for any polling or hashtag protests.

The reason I consult owners of large servers is because they're paying to run the servers and spend more time with this mod than anyone else. If server owners are rude to us or try to screw us over, I generally just ignore them.
In the end, I understand, it's your samp, your decision, although I don't think you are doing the right thing.

Is there a possibility that security against attacks is improved a little?
There are small attacks that can be very annoying.
MaisterK is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it still worth? SoloMid General 12 03/03/2018 08:18 PM
Was it all worth it? Dairyll General 31 12/11/2014 03:20 AM
Worth doing or not? ross8839 Everything and Nothing 20 17/01/2013 01:15 PM
How much is my PC worth? Smithy Everything and Nothing 11 07/05/2012 08:45 PM
Is it worth to buy iNorton Everything and Nothing 12 14/11/2011 01:52 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.