Old 07/11/2019, 02:20 AM   #1021
Paddylsrp
Little Clucker

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavan View Post
Kalcor, see the community voting:

https://www.strawpoll.me/18904051/r
While I am in favour of DL, I would still give that poll a few days to actually populate properly.
Old 07/11/2019, 02:36 AM   #1022
Cr0heart
Little Clucker

This is strange. When I analyze Kalcor's opinion in details, he is right. You guys should position yourself in his view, his years spent here and how is he experiencing this mod. SA:MP should be set in 1992 as the original game is. Main idea is the gangs, crack cocaine epidemic, hood etc. Why import iPhone in SA:MP? Why make Medieval, or Wild West in SA:MP? My friend Saddin97 once said, "you can't make pie of shit". I'm not saying Medieval or Wild West are bad ideas or boring (hell no), just it doesn't fit in the game set up in 1992. You have different animations, lack of design and smoothness.

But, I'm not saying that good ideas should be thrown away! There are not-so-clever guys here who import so much non-fitting things in SA:MP, but also there are guys with style who understand the GTA San Andreas ambient and are working so hard to get the best results possible to fit-in with GTA:SA style.

Other thing is, Kalcor you should have considered more your idea to develop DL version at all if you were not planning to release it as the official one. About saying "find a team of developers to continue your work", imagine you are working on a mod for 14 years, 14 years! (your life creation, because it is) and some guys come and now they are in charge, "legends, etc." and everyone forgot about you. How would you feel?
Old 07/11/2019, 02:51 AM   #1023
Venta
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart View Post
This is strange. When I analyze Kalcor's opinion in details, he is right. You guys should position yourself in his view, his years spent here and how is he experiencing this mod. SA:MP should be set in 1992 as the original game is. Main idea is the gangs, crack cocaine epidemic, hood etc. Why import iPhone in SA:MP? Why make Medieval, or Wild West in SA:MP? My friend Saddin97 once said, "you can't make pie of shit". I'm not saying Medieval or Wild West are bad ideas or boring (hell no), just it doesn't fit in the game set up in 1992. You have different animations, lack of design and smoothness.

But, I'm not saying that good ideas should be thrown away! There are not-so-clever guys here who import so much non-fitting things in SA:MP, but also there are guys with style who understand the GTA San Andreas ambient and are working so hard to get the best results possible to fit-in with GTA:SA style.

Other thing is, Kalcor you should have considered more your idea to develop DL version at all if you were not planning to release it as the official one. About saying "find a team of developers to continue your work", imagine you are working on a mod for 14 years, 14 years! (your life creation, because it is) and some guys come and now they are in charge, "legends, etc." and everyone forgot about you. How would you feel?
It was never about the 90s vanilla game theme, it mostly started as freeroam servers where people would litterally just mess around doing shit. It evolved into roleplay and other kinds of servers as years went past and new functions were introduced and people got more and more skilled into developing complex systems and gamemodes.

But let's say we stick to the 90s. Many current bigger roleplay servers introduce huge varieties of skins and objects that completely blend into the vanilla atmosphere. Like ls-rp, in example, added over a 100 custom-made low-poly skins that you couldn't tell from the R* made skins. Same goes to objects and even custom buildings. It offers server developers to expand what was really limited by R* - skins, objects and so on. It removed many limitations for the players. In example - before sheriffs and cops could only be caucasian males, now many of the roleplay servers added cop skins with different etnicities and different genders. I could go on and on with examples, as there are so many.

SAMP since 2008
LSRP since 2012

#saveDL
Old 07/11/2019, 02:57 AM   #1024
REYO
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr0heart View Post
CJ: Gee, thanks gee.

Medieval was moved to Mordhau, where it's doing healthy.

meanwhile, on samp, we're going back to basics to provide the same qualities.
Old 07/11/2019, 03:01 AM   #1025
Mobtiesgangsa
Big Clucker

Kalcor Are you seeing ghosts Bruh, no one is taking your position unless you became to much crank'ed up with this stuff man, Make SA-MP a better place again give it life by starting now.

~ Selective STAFF that will re arrange this whole forum, integrating better functionalities to the server/client modification
~ strengthen the team to do less work and more perfective designing, iterative mode forward compatible and backwards compatible server/client mod with selective featues they get for choosing options.

be reminded one thing

Future code will never exist unless legacy ancient code was never born, stack it in your mind. this is everyday work
Old 07/11/2019, 03:55 AM   #1026
Kalen
Little Clucker

Quote:
Kalcor, see the community voting:

https://www.strawpoll.me/18904051/r
Could you please stop bullshit? The fact that noones willng to reply you should have been a lesson which you should pay attention to.
Old 07/11/2019, 03:59 AM   #1027
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

My purpose posting in this thread is to make everyone aware that SA-MP development is coming to a close.

I never asked for a debate over DL. I've been pretty clear that I have no intention of adding DL features to the next security update.

We can figure out what specific features will be included internally. There's no need for any polling or hashtag protests.

The reason I consult owners of large servers is because they're paying to run the servers and spend more time with this mod than anyone else. If server owners are rude to us or try to screw us over, I generally just ignore them.
Old 07/11/2019, 04:00 AM   #1028
Kalen
Little Clucker

Quote:
Dude will see if I'm on the beach .... boring guy!
You've already got a warning from a moderator. Just power on your mind and shut up.
Old 07/11/2019, 04:05 AM   #1029
Chavan
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
My purpose posting in this thread is to make everyone aware that SA-MP development is coming to a close.

I never asked for a debate over DL. I've been pretty clear that I have no intention of adding DL features to the next security update.

We can figure out what specific features will be included internally. There's no need for any polling or hashtag protests.

The reason I consult owners of large servers is because they're paying to run the servers and spend more time with this mod than anyone else. If server owners are rude to us or try to screw us over, I generally just ignore them.
You say it might be the latest version yourself, so why not want to add DL to 0.3.9?

If the community wants it, why is it denied?

What can be added in 0.3.9?

Skins, custom objects only? I don't understand where you want to go.
Old 07/11/2019, 04:07 AM   #1030
MaisterK
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post

In the end, I understand, it's your samp, your decision, although I don't think you are doing the right thing.

Is there a possibility that security against attacks is improved a little?
There are small attacks that can be very annoying.
Closed Thread