SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 03/10/2014, 10:13 AM   #21
Khanz
Banned

Default Re: SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

An excellent price increase indeed, this can help filter out servers not worth being on the list. On the other hand €15 isn't a lot of money either I can make that back in two hours of working. But anyways SAMP is really popular and the hosted tab is really saturated.
Khanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:23 AM   #22
SMCentral
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
No. 381 servers have paid 9 per month, which is substantially less. 381 servers have not yet paid 15 per month.

We don't know how many servers will remain on the list after the increase in price.

You also don't know how much the SA-MP services cost to run. (and neither do I)
I am simply stating the potential which often resolves around the agenda. Previously it was $13 per month and there is 381 servers. This amounts to $4, 953 per month. And thus $59, 436 per year. It doesn't cost $60, 000 or $91, 000 per year to run, I am certain of that.

A 55% increase in price does not justify anything. This harms existing servers that are large and have a stable player base but do not have the income to pay it every month.

Secondly, it disables the ability for start up servers to grow. After all, it's the server owner's ability to use the tools in SA-MP to bring such population and life into SA-MP. Without our servers, there is no SA-MP. Limiting our growth by financial means harms our ability to stay afloat and thus in the long term harms SA-MP.
SMCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:29 AM   #23
Hostoxide
Big Clucker

Bad News, Im not getting much donation for pay, only getting 20-30$ per month, paying for vps 25$, im investing 8$ every month.from 15 euro no hosted tab for my server
Hostoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:51 AM   #24
[WoF]Sonny
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostoxide View Post
Bad News, Im not getting much donation for pay, only getting 20-30$ per month, paying for vps 25$, im investing 8$ every month.from 15 euro no hosted tab for my server
One down.

Btw I think this is not the solution. Even with this prize there will be 200+ servers on hosted tab and thats way too much. I have one suggestion for 0.4a. Make more hosted tabs like, one for freeroam servers, one for RP servers etc... and owners will have to chose on which tab their server will appear in server.cfg or game-mp website.
[WoF]Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 12:05 PM   #25
IceCube!
High-roller

Location: Grove Street, Home; Atleast it was before I fucked everything up. Motto: Carpe Diem, Bitch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Maybe start with the requirement listed in point a of the Terms of Service:

Proof of identity might be a bit too much, but this would definitely be a way to drastically decrease the number of servers on the list.
This, you can prove you over 18 by verifying your account with a credit card (Not a Debit Card / ATM Card). Although they may be like me, old enough to have one but wouldn't want one and would rather wait till they can afford it.

Image by Phyzic
Projects (28/01/2017)
None.I'm dead, honest!
IceCube! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 12:13 PM   #26
Guest4390857394857

Thumbs down Re: SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube! View Post
This, you can prove you over 18 by verifying your account with a credit card (Not a Debit Card / ATM Card). Although they may be like me, old enough to have one but wouldn't want one and would rather wait till they can afford it.
This is a better way instead of increasing rate. Please treat everyone equally. Think about #Indians. 15 EUR = 1165Rs. It becomes difficult to afford for us.
Old 03/10/2014, 12:18 PM   #27
LocMax
Huge Clucker

I agree with Vince and Ryan.
People are now suggesting to raise the price, make more requirements and basically keep only servers with 200+ players on hosted list.
Being on hosted list is one of bigger factors for having higher placount in some servers.

It should be fair and simple, the more servers you put on list, the more price raises.

I honestly think (I don't know if it already exists) that servers which use leaked scripts or gain players unfairly (bots etc..) should be removed from both hosted and internet list.

I also don't see why are people aiming to decrease number of servers from lists, after all, SA-MP should be fun and enjoyable game. There's no other game I've seen or played as SA-MP, where you can make anything out of it.
TDM, RP, Freeroam, Stunts, Races, Zombies.. name it.

+ People who talk about being 18+, I think 75% of SA-MP players are aged between 10-16.
LocMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 12:22 PM   #28
Hostoxide
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivRp View Post
This is a better way instead of increasing rate. Please treat everyone equally. Think about #Indians. 15 EUR = 1165Rs. It becomes difficult to afford for us.
yeh bro
Hostoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 12:55 PM   #29
Sergei
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivRp View Post
That means the same price for everyone. Just because you are from India, it doesn't make you special.

If you can't afford hosted tab, then you simply don't have it. You can still have your server, hosted tab is not a requirement. Hosted tab was meant to be luxury, but too low price spoiled it. People will probably finally think if hosted tab is actually worth for them, unlike before when everyone got them.
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 02:19 PM   #30
IvanAyuso
Big Clucker

Default Respuesta: SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

This is perfect in every way.
IvanAyuso is offline   Reply With Quote