SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 10/01/2018, 09:52 AM   #1
DidierAubin87
Little Clucker

Default Is a used car good choice?

Hello everyone,

I am here for a few months, and I see the forum members are very cool and nice. I know that my question is not related to the forum but I still would like to ask some advances.

I am dating a great women for 2 years. I would like to get married her and I could not get any idea about how to propose her in a special way. My friends suggested me to buy a used car Subaru Forester 2008 for sale from a popular Japanese platform to gift her (https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-...-sale-year2008). Its meaning is we will go to the future with amazing speed . However, I'm scared that she will not be satisfied with this idea, and she will not like this gift.

Can anyone give some advances?
DidierAubin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 10:05 AM   #2
~Error
Big Clucker

Default Re: Is a used car good choice?

good choice m8
my first car was a used soviet bucket - VAZ 2106
loud and rotten af
just g00gl3 to see that ugly shit and remember that there is nothing worse than soviet cars
Old 10/01/2018, 10:14 AM   #3
ThatOneIowan
Big Clucker

Have a mechanic inspect the vehicle before it's purchased. My car underwent thousands of dollars in repairs that took over a month to complete after the check engine light came on a day after purchasing. Luckily I didn't have to pay a penny for it.
Old 10/01/2018, 04:54 PM   #4
[Twixx]
High-roller

Let's start with the fact you're proposing with buying a car for her? Isn't that sort of weird? Feels like a bribe lol.

Anyhow, as for the used car part, used cars are a great choice if you know what you're getting, especally if it's a first car.

I recommend you watch this *******r's series on how to inspect, test drive and purchase a used car, he has several follow-up videos in the recommended feed about the topic.

https://www.*******.com/watch?v=vC8LbvYk6es

Edit: I'd also like to add that the older the car is, the cheaper it will be to repair and maintain. It's a common misconception that older cars will require more repairs. In reality, newer cars are more expensive to repair if something goes wrong, as everything is flooded with unnecessary electronics that cost a lot to repair.
Old 10/01/2018, 06:38 PM   #5
SayTricky
Little Clucker

I donít know about petrol where you live, but here itís quite expensive and seeing youíre getting a 2.0 make sure you got enough for petrol expenses. A car is a nice wedding gift, shows that youíre moving to a more responsible step to start a family and willing to commit. Cheers for both of you
SayTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 07:00 PM   #6
XBrianX
Huge Clucker

Cars are pretty simple to be honest, I've been working on my car on the side for years and here's a list of what to look for:

1. Weird noises
2. slow/clunky transmission shifting
3. brakes ofc
4. tires
5. suspension components
6. check for any leaks etc
7. run a check on the VIN number of the car just to make sure if it was in an accident or something

That's pretty much it I own a 16 year old Bmw and still drives like it's brand new

XBrianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 07:12 PM   #7
Hunud
Gangsta

Bad idea.

Some of the girls today think that you bought a car for em just because you want they die lol.
Hunud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 08:50 PM   #8
Danzou
Huge Clucker

Hi DidierAubin87, u live in France ? I have two stores in France, we work only with BMW, Benz, Volkswagen... we can better talk about this ? I can help in choosing a good car...
Danzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 08:53 PM   #9
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Fuck the car... Get something better for both of you, or some shit. Cars cost money over time, need space to park, and end up breaking down and needing to be moved via other vehicles, otherwise it'll sit in your driveway gaining rust and moss.

Do some saving for a trip of some sort or something more notable than a car...

Unless you REALLY need it, I'd avoid it.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2018, 10:01 PM   #10
TakeiT
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTricky View Post
I donít know about petrol where you live, but here itís quite expensive and seeing youíre getting a 2.0 make sure you got enough for petrol expenses. A car is a nice wedding gift, shows that youíre moving to a more responsible step to start a family and willing to commit. Cheers for both of you
If I had to live in a place where 2.0 was considered a big engine/gas guzzler i'd commit suicide.

Obviously have a mechanic check it out before you buy it. I would probably ask the seller if the spark plugs have been changed too, since I dont think it's a cheap item.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote