SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17/01/2014, 06:35 PM   #1111
Scenario
Godfather
 
Scenario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Heaven
Posts: 8,102
Reputation: 701
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BangBros View Post
People like you say you no longer buy them and have no viruses, how do you know? The likelihood of getting a new virus on the internet is on average 20 minutes.
It's called being smart on the Internet. Unless you absolutely trust the place you're downloading a file from, then don't download the file. If you don't know what the file is, don't download the file. If you get some advertisement about some game and that it needs some never-before-heard-of software to be installed on your computer, don't download it!

Oh and don't use Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other email system where the emails you get all get downloaded to your computer. Online email, like ****** Mail, for example, are the way to go.

If you're not an idiot with what you do on the Internet, the odds of you getting a virus are slim to none!
__________________



Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 07:41 PM   #1112
carz0159
High-roller
 
carz0159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,158
Reputation: 70
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher View Post
No, no, no! Those motherboard fit with the 1150 CPU socket...but since that i5 is a "k" version you won't be able to Overclock it. I'd go for a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
He asked for cheap. I gave him cheap. He probly wont OC anyway. If he said he wants or needs to OC, I would give him a z87 chipset mobo. But they start at $120ish for a decent one. And that is not in everyones budget.
carz0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 07:46 PM   #1113
carz0159
High-roller
 
carz0159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,158
Reputation: 70
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228 View Post
It's called being smart on the Internet. Unless you absolutely trust the place you're downloading a file from, then don't download the file. If you don't know what the file is, don't download the file. If you get some advertisement about some game and that it needs some never-before-heard-of software to be installed on your computer, don't download it!

Oh and don't use Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other email system where the emails you get all get downloaded to your computer. Online email, like ****** Mail, for example, are the way to go.

If you're not an idiot with what you do on the Internet, the odds of you getting a virus are slim to none!
Exactly, not to mention Windows Defender does the job as well. It may not be as good, but if you are smart, you'll be fine.

Oops sorry about the double post.
carz0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 08:56 PM   #1114
TheArcher
High-roller
 
TheArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 2,377
Reputation: 251
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159 View Post
He asked for cheap. I gave him cheap. He probly wont OC anyway. If he said he wants or needs to OC, I would give him a z87 chipset mobo. But they start at $120ish for a decent one. And that is not in everyones budget.
Actually I bought that Gigabyte Z87 motherboard for 90 which is about $96 - $100... If he really wants a cheap hardware, he shouldn't really go for that CPU anyway. A i5-4440 would be good and he will save about $60.
__________________
TheArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 09:02 PM   #1115
TheArcher
High-roller
 
TheArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 2,377
Reputation: 251
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Sorry if I double post, but I forgot to ask something about VGA cables.
Few hours ago, I've put my VGA cable into another PC to install few things.
After a while I unplugged it away and I saw a quick blue screen while unplugging it, it was quite quick...
I've put it on my own PC and suddenly I see yellow screen (so from what I know the blue color is missing).
At the start I thought it was the screen since I used it for 7 years (lol)... I connected the cable on the previous PC but it also started to output yellow color... I also connected my friends laptop and nothing... yellow screen again... I connected the VGA cable into my TV and it still yellow screen, so I think it is properly the cable.
I also tried to invert the the output side cable and nothing. Is there any method for fixing it?

Screen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mcsm146s7y...117_221610.jpg
__________________
TheArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 10:56 PM   #1116
Vince
Spam Machine
 
Vince's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 10,950
Reputation: 2653
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Get another cable. Or use DVI or HDMI if possible.
__________________
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 11:09 PM   #1117
TheArcher
High-roller
 
TheArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 2,377
Reputation: 251
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
Get another cable. Or use DVI or HDMI if possible.
A 7 years old monitor doesn't support digial signals :S ... My friend found an extra VGA cable so I'll try it tomorrow.
__________________
TheArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/01/2014, 11:51 PM   #1118
carz0159
High-roller
 
carz0159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,158
Reputation: 70
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher View Post
A 7 years old monitor doesn't support digial signals :S ... My friend found an extra VGA cable so I'll try it tomorrow.
Some of them do. I have a 2007 monitor with DVI. DVI has been around for about 15 years and hdmi has been around for about 10 years.

OT: Get a new cable, it'll probly solve the problem.
carz0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2014, 12:36 PM   #1119
TheArcher
High-roller
 
TheArcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Home
Posts: 2,377
Reputation: 251
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159 View Post
Some of them do. I have a 2007 monitor with DVI. DVI has been around for about 15 years and hdmi has been around for about 10 years.

OT: Get a new cable, it'll probly solve the problem.
I know that some of LCD-DVI existed even 7 years ago. Even the HDMI existed 10 years ago doesn't mean the screens were running at 720p or 1080p.
__________________
TheArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/01/2014, 05:42 PM   #1120
carz0159
High-roller
 
carz0159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 1,158
Reputation: 70
Default Re: PC Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArcher View Post
I know that some of LCD-DVI existed even 7 years ago. Even the HDMI existed 10 years ago doesn't mean the screens were running at 720p or 1080p.
what screens are you talking about? I have a 7 year old monitor that has well over 720p. there are benefits of digital signal apart from resolution btw.
carz0159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.tk domains thread (What do you think of them?) NewYorkRP Everything and Nothing 29 22/09/2013 01:39 PM
Map Request Thread KeyWay Help Archive 21 18/04/2010 09:09 PM
Banned of my own thread aleancuervo Server Support 8 14/03/2010 05:04 PM
Bugs (1st thread RC3-RC6) Dabombber Help Archive 304 03/10/2009 05:05 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.