SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 05/12/2016, 07:16 PM   #21
benjenden
Little Clucker

Default Re: Identity RPG - 2017 - RP on a much larger scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi View Post
oh god, please don't compare this to SL, this is an actual proper game. Second Life is a fuckfest, it's not even slightly realistic, all the "roleplay" that happens there is mostly erotic (the people that do actually roleplay deserve a better game).
Second life is absolute shit. No doubt about it. I made an account on there a while back because I was honestly intrigued by the idea. The moment I joined the "server" if that's how it works I was bombarded by like one hundred people. My computer was lagging so hard and nothing looks realistic at all. Regardless, Identity seems way more organized and thought out than SL. If you've heard of the game StarCitizen that is a lot more comparable.

In StarCitizen, the game mechanics are very realistic. The entirety of the game depends on players. Ie. If you are delivering goods to the market and your spaceship gets robbed then there will be a shortage at the market. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the space type games. Never have been and likely never will be. Still though, I like the mechanics of that game and I'm hoping that Identity can be a cross between realistic dynamics and a realistic world. (not space)
benjenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2016, 02:44 AM   #22
jremi
Huge Clucker

It is a shame that we haven't actually had that much gameplay other than the trailer and the identity insider. I do say that it's down to the community to share the word around, but now that I think about it more, we need more than this before we can create any decent hype about it.
jremi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2016, 11:32 AM   #23
morris91
Big Clucker

There has not been much gameplay because there's not much to show. A dev said somewhere on their website that most of their time spent so far has been the background stuff. Now their working on the Town Square module for a couple months that should be released in Jan/Feb. Mainly for devs to see how stable everything is and bug reports.

Don't count on this game being released in 2017. personally id say early 2018. I do think they will do it. The devs have been well known modders in the Atlis life community etc.. And from the pictures and the 2 vids released so far, It looks pretty good.
Plus.. Just look at their *******. There always more than happy to tell you what their working on today or what they have done this week.

I for one have pledged towards this. Iv never been a true RP'er but this just looks amazing and would get me into it.

Edit: I noticed the houses video had not been posted here so il post that vid and a pic. You can look on there forum for more pics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNcFpad9hU&t=24s
morris91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2016, 02:27 PM   #24
jremi
Huge Clucker

Ah forgot to link that video :P

Yeah they said release will be 18, beta in 17, modules from early 17
Old 06/12/2016, 05:05 PM   #25
morris91
Big Clucker

Yeah. I think releasing partly modules and then a beta is a good way of doing it tbh and think it will be a great way to make the game better for release in 18.

Like for example,
The Town Square module will be released sometime early 17 which will be a way for the devs to see how the server structure handles the all the players, seeing how the voip handles. Seeing our players react to the character models and character physics. And i so wanner be there just to see the karaoke bar cos ya know some funny shit is going to go on in there.

Then the swat module which is most likely to test how all the guns / police stuff works etc.
then the racing module which will of course test the driving dynamics and vehicle models.

Then by the end of 17 hopefully were have a full beta to test to eye out the last remaining bugs then the release of the game by early 18. I think its a awesome way of conducting all this and once the town square is released, Depending on how well it goes. Their publicity could sky rocket.
morris91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/12/2016, 05:14 PM   #26
Eoussama
High-roller

This is the definition of RolePlaying

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning
Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2016, 04:53 AM   #27
jremi
Huge Clucker

Has anyone here played on their arma life servers ? How managed was it when it came to rule breakers ? Friendly staff team?
Old 09/12/2016, 02:16 PM   #28
fonia5
Gangsta

This game is so far well made and very well detailed.
fonia5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/12/2016, 06:10 PM   #29
[XST]O_x
High-roller

Looks like one of those games that looks too good to be true and people get hyped about and they always get cancelled. Nothing to be excited about really, unless an actual serious announcement comes up with solid information about the game
[XST]O_x is offline   Reply With Quote