SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Help Archive

Old 25/03/2010, 04:06 PM   #1
CC.
Little Clucker

Default Local vs. Global vars

Which is more efficient way of coding with pawn?
1) A few global variables used throughout the whole script and as few as possible local variables.
2) Only using global vars when necessary and using a bunch of locals basically everywhere.

I'd say #2 makes more sense merely because of the meaning of words local and global. Any arguments?

Reason why I am asking, is that a friend of mine said that his server kept building up necessity for more and more memory as new players joined and played on the server and he was using local variables back then, now he switched to the solution #1 and says that the problem disappeared. I am just wondering whether that was a script related issue or a pawn one.

Elaborate in which manner do You code? (interested in what experienced pawn coders have to say)