SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Includes

Old 28/05/2015, 03:58 PM   #51
iWhite
Big Clucker

Default Re: Dialogs Include (new dialog functions and DIALOG_STYLE_PREVMODEL)

When I enter vehicle, server shows me box of dialog background. Why? When I exit the vehicle, it disappears.
iWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 04:07 PM   #52
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhite View Post

When I enter vehicle, server shows me box of dialog background. Why? When I exit the vehicle, it disappears.
Thats not a problem related to the include i think. Maybe a problem related to your gamemode?

Just make sure you define FILTERSCRIPT if using in a filterscript.

Follow me on Github: Follow me on Spotify: Donate on Paypal:

Gammix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 07:38 PM   #53
DanLore
Big Clucker

Hi,

Great include but I have found a bug that caused my server to crash. The bug is on line 758 (or at-least this is what crashdetect reported), and occurs when either the listitem or inputttext is not used, listitem was reported to be -1 and inputtext was reported to be @01453144 "".

[19:41:16] [debug] #1 0000745c in public OnDialogResponse (playerid=0, dialogid=123, response=1, listitem=-1, inputtext[]=@01453144 "") at [Removed]\pawno\include\gamemode\dialogs2.inc:758

Other than that, works fine. I've fixed this issue temporarily on my own server, if this is an include issue then might crash other servers too.

Occurs if you use a DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX dialog.
94.23.45.38:7777
DanLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 07:50 PM   #54
Konstantinos
Spam Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLore View Post
Hi,

Great include but I have found a bug that caused my server to crash. The bug is on line 758 (or at-least this is what crashdetect reported), and occurs when either the listitem or inputttext is not used, listitem was reported to be -1 and inputtext was reported to be @01453144 "".

[19:41:16] [debug] #1 0000745c in public OnDialogResponse (playerid=0, dialogid=123, response=1, listitem=-1, inputtext[]=@01453144 "") at [Removed]\pawno\include\gamemode\dialogs2.inc:758

Other than that, works fine. I've fixed this issue temporarily on my own server, if this is an include issue then might crash other servers too.

Occurs if you use a DIALOG_STYLE_MSGBOX dialog.
The crash might not be related to this include at all as every include with hooked callbacks are shown in crashdetect's results. Also if you notice, you'll see #1 which is the callback but what's #0? You need to know that otherwise you're not going to find what exactly caused it very easily.

Also since you temporary fixed it, a solution would be good for everybody else (in case it's caused by the include).

@Gammix: Very good work. Believe it or not, I've never used those preview models stuff and I'm kind of bored to do it anytime soon so this include comes in handy.

[Tutorial] How to use SQLite
[FilterScript] Tune System
Konstantinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 07:55 PM   #55
DanLore
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post
The crash might not be related to this include at all as every include with hooked callbacks are shown in crashdetect's results. Also if you notice, you'll see #1 which is the callback but what's #0? You need to know that otherwise you're not going to find what exactly caused it very easily.

Also since you temporary fixed it, a solution would be good for everybody else (in case it's caused by the include).

@Gammix: Very good work. Believe it or not, I've never used those preview models stuff and I'm kind of bored to do it anytime soon so this include comes in handy.
Sure thank you for bringing this up.

[19:41:16] [debug] #0 native CallLocalFunction () from samp-server.exe

The only thing I did to fix it was make sure that it's not possible for listitem to be -1 and for the string length of inputtext to be less than 1 in the following code. I did this for both as I'm not sure whether a -1 would cause a server crash with a dialog response.

PHP Code:
return CallLocalFunction("Dialog_OnDialogResponse""iiiis"playeriddialogidresponselistiteminputtext); 
94.23.45.38:7777
DanLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 07:59 PM   #56
Konstantinos
Spam Machine

Yeah, it's a known bug that CallLocalFunction crash the server if the string passed as argument is NULL/empty. ZCMD is a good example of preventing this by passing "\1" instead.

[Tutorial] How to use SQLite
[FilterScript] Tune System
Konstantinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/05/2015, 08:27 PM   #57
iWhite
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix View Post
Thats not a problem related to the include i think. Maybe a problem related to your gamemode?

Just make sure you define FILTERSCRIPT if using in a filterscript.
Script in my gamemode looks good. Before your include everything worked fine. Maybe when you create static textdraws they get new IDs from 0 again? So when I'm showing my speedometer textdraw, server shows 2 textdraws - speedometer's and dialog's, because they have the same ID?
iWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/05/2015, 02:58 AM   #58
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLore View Post
Sure thank you for bringing this up.

[19:41:16] [debug] #0 native CallLocalFunction () from samp-server.exe

The only thing I did to fix it was make sure that it's not possible for listitem to be -1 and for the string length of inputtext to be less than 1 in the following code. I did this for both as I'm not sure whether a -1 would cause a server crash with a dialog response.

PHP Code:
return CallLocalFunction("Dialog_OnDialogResponse""iiiis"playeriddialogidresponselistiteminputtext); 
Someone already reported that and if you haven't seen it before your post, i have released R5 version, which will probably fix this.

There is no way those values can be negative with this include, my include only adds a new dailog style (DIALOG_STYLE_PREVMODEL), it does not modifies the other styles nor handles them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos View Post
Yeah, it's a known bug that CallLocalFunction crash the server if the string passed as argument is NULL/empty. ZCMD is a good example of preventing this by passing "\1" instead.
Yes your are right, but R5 version uses hooking method 7 and which will fix this issue as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhite View Post
Script in my gamemode looks good. Before your include everything worked fine. Maybe when you create static textdraws they get new IDs from 0 again? So when I'm showing my speedometer textdraw, server shows 2 textdraws - speedometer's and dialog's, because they have the same ID?
Can you show your code please?
Also, may i know which version are you using (dialogs or dialogs2)?

And i checked the hooking and all were done correctly.

Updated R5
- Added an additional check before calling OnDialogResponse for Prev Model dialogs. This may prevent crash.

Old 29/05/2015, 05:17 AM   #59
Unrea1
Gangsta

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\World of pawn\LEP Mysql\pawno\include\dialogs.inc(605) : warning 213: tag mismatch
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\World of pawn\LEP Mysql\pawno\include\dialogs.inc(652) : warning 213: tag mismatch
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

2 Warnings.
Unrea1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/05/2015, 05:29 AM   #60
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinZ View Post
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\World of pawn\LEP Mysql\pawno\include\dialogs.inc(605) : warning 213: tag mismatch
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\World of pawn\LEP Mysql\pawno\include\dialogs.inc(652) : warning 213: tag mismatch
Pawn compiler 3.2.3664 Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

2 Warnings.
I just compiled it once again and no warnings or errors.

You may show me your code.