SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 30/01/2018, 02:55 PM   #1
elmadafakaloko123
Little Clucker

Default no-ip with vps

Hi everybody, i have a problem because i dont know how i can put in my vps a no-ip adress, i tried but i cant, anyone have a guide or something ?
elmadafakaloko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/01/2018, 02:59 PM   #2
Fratello
Huge Clucker

Default Re: no-ip with vps

Do you mean, add a hostname like my-sampserver.com instead of an ip?
Old 30/01/2018, 03:59 PM   #3
edyun
Big Clucker

That is called a Record A DNS, when you want to redirect an ip like , 127.0.0.1 to something like test.******.com, you need to have an internet domain for this and a web hosting plan, or a server to host your domain.
Old 30/01/2018, 04:58 PM   #4
Sew_Sumi
Banned

There is no guide... This is simply a dynamic domain host. You run the client on your machine and your IP gets forwarded to their server and they update the hostname.

If you want your home connection with the domain, just run it on any of your internal machines, and make firewall rules to point to your internal server. The IP for your outer connection will be found, so whichever machine inside that runs it, won't matter. Some routers/modems even have support for DynDNS, and other groups.

If it's on a server you'll need to either install the client on the server, or, in the management section on the DNS site, there should be some way of manually putting one in.

If it doesn't work, or it's too tricky, try FreeDNS. They're very useful and have many domains to pick out. All able to configured via the web panel.

All you need to do, is as above mentioned, change the A record and point it to your server.

Once it's done it won't need to be renewed for a certain time. (FreeDNS is you have to login to their control panel every 6 months to keep your hostnames active)
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/01/2018, 05:30 PM   #5
edyun
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
There is no guide... This is simply a dynamic domain host. You run the client on your machine and your IP gets forwarded to their server and they update the hostname.

If you want your home connection with the domain, just run it on any of your internal machines, and make firewall rules to point to your internal server. The IP for your outer connection will be found, so whichever machine inside that runs it, won't matter. Some routers/modems even have support for DynDNS, and other groups.

If it's on a server you'll need to either install the client on the server, or, in the management section on the DNS site, there should be some way of manually putting one in.

If it doesn't work, or it's too tricky, try FreeDNS. They're very useful and have many domains to pick out. All able to configured via the web panel.

All you need to do, is as above mentioned, change the A record and point it to your server.

Once it's done it won't need to be renewed for a certain time. (FreeDNS is you have to login to their control panel every 6 months to keep your hostnames active)
Beautifully explained, just need to +rep for your time invested, this is what keeps SA:MP alive