SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP DL Edition > SA-MP 0.3.DL > Model Releases

Old 14/12/2018, 03:57 PM   #101
Romz
Banned

Default Re: kdff gui (v0.2.5a) December 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKStyle View Post
The application needs an icon... For example...
Looks great.
Romz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/12/2018, 05:16 PM   #102
m1n1vv
Big Clucker

My version:

Old 14/12/2018, 07:06 PM   #103
Logic_
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1n1vv View Post
My version:

I really like these two versions.

Overall, great additions Kalcor.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/01/2019, 07:28 PM   #104
Yaozu
Little Clucker

Is there going to be Surface Attribute support when making a collision file (Being able to specify if it's Grass, Dirt, Metal, Wood, etc. you're walking/driving on) in any future release of kdff?

It would be more convenient if Surface Attribute support was integrated into kdff; because as far as I know you are only able to do this with Steve-M's Collision File Editor II at the moment.

@Kalcor

Last edited by Yaozu; 05/01/2019 at 10:18 PM.
Yaozu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2019, 09:54 AM   #105
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaozu View Post
Is there going to be Surface Attribute support when making a collision file (Being able to specify if it's Grass, Dirt, Metal, Wood, etc. you're walking/driving on) in any future release of kdff?

It would be more convenient if Surface Attribute support was integrated into kdff; because as far as I know you are only able to do this with Steve-M's Collision File Editor II at the moment.

@Kalcor
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.
Kalcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2019, 10:30 AM   #106
N0FeaR
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
Just use ColEditor II. For any object you can walk on, you probably want to change the col brightness anyway.

I'd be willing to develop better tools if there was more interest in modeling for DL, but interest in developing new things for SA-MP has gone down over the past few years.
I would love to see that.
Old 07/01/2019, 08:23 PM   #107
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:

I don't know where you ass-pull the bullshit that there's not enough interest in the modeling feature when there's currently several big projects using it to create unique servers, despite DL splitting the community and lowering their potential playerbase.

If nobody cared about the downloading feature, you wouldn't have gotten all the backlash for not releasing it.
[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2019, 08:24 PM   #108
Baboon
Banned

Quote:
Sad to hear the motivation dropped. Understandable though. Would love to see the final version to be a merged one where DL and the standard are using the same client though.. I love DL though.
Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2019, 09:53 PM   #109
ReyoDahBoss
Big Clucker

Lightbulb Re: kdff gui (v0.2.5a) December 2018

Quote:
Sorry, but I think you are wrong. Here are some pics of some of the more notorious servers coming up in SA-MP all depending heavily on the 0.3DL model feature. This feature has brought never seen before creativity from all over the community (take Baboon's space server, Dignity's wild west & medieval server, ...) as an example. Yet, because more famous servers like LS-RP don't utilize the features properly you think that there is no interest.

Screenshot Album: https://imgur.com/a/PXA16Gg

Last edited by ReyoDahBoss; 09/01/2019 at 01:12 AM.
ReyoDahBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/01/2019, 10:38 PM   #110
Yaozu
Little Clucker

Quote:

Fair enough but there are few projects out there, that are currently developing which utilise custom models.

I guess only time will tell for more modellers to crop up.

Hell it would be nice to have some more tools; like maybe an easier of way of incorporating 2dfx effects to models perhaps.

I mean just on the topic of SA-MP. The problems that me and my team face over at VCRP is the fact that the mem addresses for melee damage and heli-blading haven't been voided, and that the float value for pickup models haven't been extended in the current iteration of the SA-MP DL client. Which I hope will be addressed in the future.

Last edited by Yaozu; 07/01/2019 at 11:17 PM.
Yaozu is offline   Reply With Quote