SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 03/10/2014, 10:52 AM   #11
Potassium
High-roller

Default Re: SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

I actually think that this is a fantastic idea. While it may not be the ultimate solution to the ridiculous amount of servers on the hosted tab list, it is definitely a great start. It's really encouraging to know that the Team are looking for solutions, and I really don't think that it is a "cash grab", due to the fact that there will most definitely be less servers on the list because they can't/won't pay the increased price. I don't think that this number will reduce by a drastic amount just yet, but I do think this was definitely the right starting point towards a future solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
I'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server 10, second server 15, third server 22.5 and so on.
That's also a good idea. A brilliant idea, in fact! Particularly because it would stop people selling many more places on the list than there were supposed to be. Registrations were stopped for a reason which resulted in people simply reselling their listings.
In my opinion, this is probably one of the best ideas that has been suggested regarding SA-MP. However, looking at it from the other side, if something like this were to be put into place, then, although it would drastically decrease the amount of servers on the hosted tab, it would also inevitably decrease the income from it when people can't/won't pay that much. So I guess it would depend on what the Team's intentions for/from the hosted tab are. I am sure that the money from the hosted tab goes towards the servers that all of the SA-MP resources run on, so we wouldn't want to be taking away from that... but I don't know what the solution for that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'Z War View Post
"Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased"
This is really bad news,
Normally, if we are getting more customer we try to decrease the price but here opposite.

It isn't bad news at all, I guess you are not understanding the issue here. We don't want MORE people using the hosted tab, we want LESS. There are way too many on the hosted tab, it's hardly worth paying for it these days. It is no longer a special, exclusive feature, just another tab with hundreds of servers just like the Internet list.
Potassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:52 AM   #12
Calgon
Godfather

They should increase the price even more but also add some further quality control measures (i.e. server has to have been active for 24h+, meet a peak of X+ players, have a valid website URL on a non-free domain and have a unique name [compared to other hosted tab servers] - not sure if this already exists, but I'm sure I've seen 2 san andreas roleplays in the past in the hosted tab).
Calgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Potassium
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post
They should increase the price even more but also add some further quality control measures (i.e. server has to have been active for 24h+, meet a peak of X+ players, have a valid website URL on a non-free domain and have a unique name [compared to other hosted tab servers] - not sure if this already exists, but I'm sure I've seen 2 san andreas roleplays in the past in the hosted tab).
I don't agree with some of those particular requirements, but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.
Old 03/10/2014, 10:57 AM   #14
Calgon
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
I don't agree with some of those particular requirements, but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.
What do you disagree with? The website may be a bit extreme to be fair, but I think the other proposed 'requirements' are reasonable.
Old 03/10/2014, 10:57 AM   #15
SMCentral
Big Clucker

They should just regulate the servers on the hosted tab instead of increasing the prices.

You know there is 381 servers on the hosted tab right now. It costs 15 to renew per month which is equivalent to $20 per month.

So this means ($20 x 381) there is an income of $7, 620 generated per month. Which relates to ($7, 620 x 12) $91, 440 per year. And deducting all server, site and other costs - there is still a hefty amount of profit.

I am wondering if this is an attempt to suck more money out of server owners or an attempt to decrease the hosted tab size. Not very happy nor pleased with this one.
SMCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 11:00 AM   #16
God'Z War
Gangsta

Quote:
It isn't bad news at all, I guess you are not understanding the issue here. We don't want MORE people using the hosted tab, we want LESS. There are way too many on the hosted tab, it's hardly worth paying for it these days. It is no longer a special, exclusive feature, just another tab with hundreds of servers just like the Internet list.
This is not the right way to stop increasing hosted list. Just stop others from getting new hosted tab
God'Z War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 11:02 AM   #17
Calgon
Godfather

Quote:
This is not the right way to stop increasing hosted list. Just stop others from getting new hosted tab
How is this a bad thing? If a server is remarkable, most of the time they find ways around the hosted tab (like we had to with the official list a few years ago) to promote the script/community to new players.
Old 03/10/2014, 11:02 AM   #18
Vince
Spam Machine

Quote:
but requirements in general is a great idea and would make sense to be the next step towards the solution.
Maybe start with the requirement listed in point a of the Terms of Service:
Quote:
a) That you are over the age of 18 years.
Proof of identity might be a bit too much, but this would definitely be a way to drastically decrease the number of servers on the list.
Old 03/10/2014, 11:06 AM   #19
Potassium
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post
What do you disagree with? The website may be a bit extreme to be fair, but I think the other proposed 'requirements' are reasonable.
Yes, that one.

Quote:
Just stop others from getting new hosted tab
Yeah, that's the point...
Old 03/10/2014, 11:09 AM   #20
ev0lution
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCentral View Post
They should just regulate the servers on the hosted tab instead of increasing the prices.

You know there is 381 servers on the hosted tab right now. It costs 15 to renew per month which is equivalent to $20 per month.

So this means ($20 x 381) there is an income of $7, 620 generated per month. Which relates to ($7, 620 x 12) $91, 440 per year. And deducting all server, site and other costs - there is still a hefty amount of profit.

I am wondering if this is an attempt to suck more money out of server owners or an attempt to decrease the hosted tab size. Not very happy nor pleased with this one.
No. 381 servers have paid 9 per month, which is substantially less. 381 servers have not yet paid 15 per month.

We don't know how many servers will remain on the list after the increase in price.

You also don't know how much the SA-MP services cost to run. (and neither do I)