SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 11/02/2019, 02:25 AM   #1
Giogimic
Big Clucker

Default Curious about the Roleplay scripts

Seems like theres alot of complaining about how buggy and over used the NGRP release is so i was going to try and avoid that now however looking around there doesn't seem to be a whole lot out there roleplay wise in gamemodes. Im not looking to start no huge project but would like a small community of my friends and some family and was wondering what are the more viable scripts to build from right now?

- hope this is allowed here sorry if its not appropriate
Giogimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 01:14 PM   #2
Gforcez
Gangsta

Default Re: Curious about the Roleplay scripts

Your script doesn't have to be huge to qualify as a roleplay server. Just start with the basics (Accounts, a way to earn money, a way to spend money) and continue based on requests and ideas that you get.

Gforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 06:30 PM   #3
Giogimic
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
Your script doesn't have to be huge to qualify as a roleplay server. Just start with the basics (Accounts, a way to earn money, a way to spend money) and continue based on requests and ideas that you get.
Half the fun for me is playing with the script its self, I like having dynamic systems but not everything has to be dynamic. There's been a lot of improvements since i left sa-mp and i'd like to try and find a public release to go from that has a good base to start.

South Central, I'm trying to fix the database for now and it seems to be pretty promising from what I've read but still trying to fix it to get it running properly, Seems like theres quite a few fields missing from some of the tables (I think)

Anyway, That's kind of why i made this post seems like most the public releases are buggy and I know as a server owner you should be able to fix those yourself however there seems to be a bit of work just to get some of the scripts i've seen even running ignoring the in-game bugs - Then again i might just be complete garbage and making rookie mistakes since it is the first time i've ran pawno in quite a few years.
Old 11/02/2019, 08:05 PM   #4
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giogimic View Post
I like having dynamic systems
what's dynamic?
d3Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/02/2019, 06:57 PM   #5
Giogimic
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorW View Post
what's dynamic?
Systems that can be modified in game, Car System, Faction/Gang System, House/Buisness System stuff like that. I've got SCRP working now so think I'll be using that to start.
Old 19/02/2019, 02:36 PM   #6
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giogimic View Post
Half the fun for me is playing with the script its self, I like having dynamic systems but not everything has to be dynamic. There's been a lot of improvements since i left sa-mp and i'd like to try and find a public release to go from that has a good base to start.

South Central, I'm trying to fix the database for now and it seems to be pretty promising from what I've read but still trying to fix it to get it running properly, Seems like theres quite a few fields missing from some of the tables (I think)

Anyway, That's kind of why i made this post seems like most the public releases are buggy and I know as a server owner you should be able to fix those yourself however there seems to be a bit of work just to get some of the scripts i've seen even running ignoring the in-game bugs - Then again i might just be complete garbage and making rookie mistakes since it is the first time i've ran pawno in quite a few years.
The best thing (for me) was to start working on systems from scratch. There's just so much things you're not thinking about with an existing system and it's a great way to learn how to code these systems yourself so it will be easier to track bugs or to add features when you need them. There are a bunch of great tutorials around that should get you started.

Gforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/02/2019, 06:13 PM   #7
Giogimic
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforcez View Post
The best thing (for me) was to start working on systems from scratch. There's just so much things you're not thinking about with an existing system and it's a great way to learn how to code these systems yourself so it will be easier to track bugs or to add features when you need them. There are a bunch of great tutorials around that should get you started.
I guess it depends on the script, If i were go in to the NGG script it would be overwhelming with the way they released the script and it was however with SC-RP a simple database rebuild was all it needed and sure the issues with the script its self but its at least in a working state and it took a bit to figure out but now its done its easy enough to put up.

However, Going from scratch especially right now with the current state of the community it's died down a lot and from years back to now i feel like there hasn't been any releases or very few. Back in the days of Ravens and all that there was always a few to look at that were being updated but now people are releasing their old community scripts and leaving it at that (i could be wrong im not around here alot anymore) it would be a "better" idea however not realistic for me. However i'm not trying to go big im starting something for my and my families enjoyment and if others come cool if not its not the point.

Maybe one day if i get more free time i can start something like that but not at the moment
Old 01/03/2019, 09:11 PM   #8
m3shys
Big Clucker

NGG and SCRP are overused. Even if you edit them people do not like it. It gives the impression your development team is as incompetent as LSRP basically.
m3shys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2019, 09:27 PM   #9
Swarn
Big Clucker

I'd highly recommend creating a script from scratch. It's the best and most efficient thing to do instead of using a premade script and editing. Like Gforcez said, start easy and then creative with your ideas
Swarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/03/2019, 10:28 PM   #10
SymonClash
Banned

Oh yeah, here we go again. Another topic about RP scripts.

This answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarn View Post
I'd highly recommend creating a script from scratch. It's the best and most efficient thing to do instead of using a premade script and editing. Like Gforcez said, start easy and then creative with your ideas
Should clarify you a lot.
SymonClash is offline   Reply With Quote