SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > Screenshots and Videos

Old 10/02/2019, 09:41 PM   #31
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Default Re: Where to post videos? (updated 2/2019)

Buy a hosted listing if you want more exposure for your server and you have a community willing to split the costs. Let me worry about how the hosting for this forum is paid. The hosted tab didn't always exist and may not always exist.
Kalcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/2019, 09:55 PM   #32
userid
Little Clucker

Why would you shut down the forum? It isn't dead, it get a lot of posts everyday and have stable community of developers.
userid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 12:06 PM   #33
delfino
Banned

"If you guys are unhappy here, leave. You act like it's your forum and I'm interfering, when the opposite is true." - Kalcor

Haha I am actually lauching at this, this is exactly the reason why I left..

In my opinion this is a forum which is supposed to be 'owned' by all its members, forming a warm and bond community. Yet Kalcor act as dictator like he owns it, his pride (like the crying MTA coding story) and personal matters (like this YT stuff) ruined the whole community.

'He created it, founded it, put in effort, all credits to him, nobody is his client, nobody is connected.' /vomit. This is not how a community leader is supposed to act.

This post is most likely going to be deleted as its negative feedback for him personally, but yeah: do cry about YT and freedom of speach, "Justice warrior".

Just delete the whole SAMP forum and screw it all, please.

In my opinion sa-mp was great, it had a good run, especially back in the old days before all the updates and new objects etc etc.

And to be fair:

"Realistically, without the massive Russian player base sa-mp may have shut down already. I expected it to die off every year since about 2009." - Kalcor

About that time sa-mp did die. rip.
delfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 01:05 PM   #34
wallee
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I expected the project to last about 2 years, then throw it away. But as one group of people got bored with sa-mp, another group would show up. Realistically, without the massive Russian player base sa-mp may have shut down already. I expected it to die off every year since about 2009.
Was sa-mp always a chore to you or did you have fun while making it? If you could turn back time would you do it again or abandon us sooner?
wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 02:19 PM   #35
[Twixx]
Banned

Quote:
If you guys are unhappy here, leave. You act like it's your forum and I'm interfering, when the opposite is true. You can make your own home page dedicated to worshipping Googoyle and posting shitty utubes.
You sound like EA now. You might have made the website but we made the community. And in a way, yes, you are interfering. First you deleted everyone's years worth of media posts, that people put time and effort into and now you prevent easy sharing of media. Yes, utube might not be without flaws but that is irrelevant in this situation.

You act like everyone who doesn't have a massive problem with utube and g00gle is an instant retard. Most people here simply don't care about the drama, utubes basic functionality works and it gets the job done when it comes to sharing media on this forum. All the behind the scenes internal drama going on the platform is irrelevant to most of us, yet you force it on us.

All this is, is you running your personal agenda using us, thinking that by preventing us from using utube you'll somehow impact them, by giving them less traffic. This is honestly fucking stupid. The entire community is telling you this, but clearly our feedback means nothing to you.
[Twixx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 04:14 PM   #36
delfino
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
You sound like EA now. You might have made the website but we made the community. And in a way, yes, you are interfering. First you deleted everyone's years worth of media posts, that people put time and effort into and now you prevent easy sharing of media. Yes, utube might not be without flaws but that is irrelevant in this situation.

You act like everyone who doesn't have a massive problem with utube and g00gle is an instant retard. Most people here simply don't care about the drama, utubes basic functionality works and it gets the job done when it comes to sharing media on this forum. All the behind the scenes internal drama going on the platform is irrelevant to most of us, yet you force it on us.

All this is, is you running your personal agenda using us, thinking that by preventing us from using utube you'll somehow impact them, by giving them less traffic. This is honestly fucking stupid. The entire community is telling you this, but clearly our feedback means nothing to you.
Exactly this, like you said its 'honestly fucking stupid'. He is just being selfish and making decisions from his own point of view instead of asking the community. Oh wait, its his community, nobody else has anything to say.
delfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 05:08 PM   #37
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Twixx] View Post
All this is, is you running your personal agenda using us, thinking that by preventing us from using utube you'll somehow impact them, by giving them less traffic. This is honestly fucking stupid.
That's an obvious fallacy. It's better to do something than do nothing. Even if it only makes a small change.

All I've done is prevented utube links on this forum. I provided a facility to upload videos. The "community" is made better off by this, since we aren't subjected to any of utube's rules. There aren't even many videos posted here, so it's not that big a deal. The buried threads from 5 years ago weren't getting many views anyway.
Old 11/02/2019, 05:17 PM   #38
Freaksken
Gangsta

Quote:
There aren't even many videos posted here, so it's not that big a deal. The buried threads from 5 years ago weren't getting many views anyway.
That's like saying old books don't get read a lot, so destroying that part of history is not a big deal.

[Include] FCNPC A.I. - [Tutorial] Speedometer - [WIP] Single-player-like co-op mission - [Other] List of all my work
Freaksken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/02/2019, 05:34 PM   #39
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

I have backups of everything going back to the beginning of the mod. Nothing has been destroyed.

That brings up another point where old forum threads need to be pruned to keep the database running smooth.
Old 11/02/2019, 05:48 PM   #40
Baboon
Banned

Quote:
I have backups of everything going back to the beginning of the mod. Nothing has been destroyed.
Great, however it ain't public, hm?
Honestly, I don't mind you clean up the forums so now and then, that is if it's in the community's interest.

Kalcor, stop being so stubborn and selfish, we get it, you're done. Then announce it publicly and see whether it'll impact your income. If it doesn't, then great, SA-MP has been succesful and you still earn a bit of cash through those great Russian friends of yours. Aside to that, you don't need to worry about a thing anymore, you're done.

The only downside is that those who play, will find out you let them down, and you'll become quite notorious.

Or just pass it on to the next developer, someone who's actually motivated to keep things going and keeps your prior vision going. Some experienced developer, that you know you can trust. Decide on some kind of deal, so that you earn some income aswell, you obviously did most the work.
Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote