SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Development

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27/03/2014, 12:09 PM   #11
Schocc
High-roller
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: /home
Posts: 3,249
Reputation: 378
Default Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

very good.
Schocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/03/2014, 12:14 PM   #12
Mellnik
Gangsta
 
Mellnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paradise Falls, CAℕADA
Posts: 772
Reputation: 373
Default AW: Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiamPy. View Post
Please add a decent bcrypt implementation.
Have you tried out this one? https://github.com/LassiR/bcrypt-samp
You can also use PBKDF2 from this plugin which is similar to bcrypt.
Mellnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/03/2014, 12:21 PM   #13
RajatPawar
High-roller
 
RajatPawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Posts: 2,183
Reputation: 311
Default Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Great, if possible, make sure you're updating it for Keccak/Skien, (when available, or are they?) then we can finally move on from WP!
RajatPawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/03/2014, 01:28 PM   #14
Mellnik
Gangsta
 
Mellnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paradise Falls, CAℕADA
Posts: 772
Reputation: 373
Default AW: Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar View Post
Great, if possible, make sure you're updating it for Keccak/Skien, (when available, or are they?) then we can finally move on from WP!
Fortunately the crypto++ library provides SHA3 so I released version 0.0.2 with SHA3 512 bit Keccak.
Mellnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/04/2014, 05:15 PM   #15
S4t3K
Gangsta
 
S4t3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 871
Reputation: 165
Default Re : Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Simply amazing.

That plugin has all the hashing functions which are needed to a quite good security.
Nice job.
+1.
__________________
S4t3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/12/2014, 07:14 PM   #16
CoaPsyFactor
Gangsta
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 868
Reputation: 52
Default Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

this plugin is awesome - but to be honest, we are not creating Navy Based systems, which holds data of "secret" stuff. MD5 algorithm is more than enough, if server owner provides any kind of data to other user, isn't that worst than just hacking MD5 string ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiLuan View Post
Code:
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Viet-RP\gamemodes\3mien.pwn(112016) : fatal error 101: cannot write to file: "disk full"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase


1 Error.
Help me! How to fix error
CoaPsyFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/12/2014, 09:15 PM   #17
Mellnik
Gangsta
 
Mellnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Paradise Falls, CAℕADA
Posts: 772
Reputation: 373
Default AW: Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaPsyFactor View Post
this plugin is awesome - but to be honest, we are not creating Navy Based systems, which holds data of "secret" stuff. MD5 algorithm is more than enough, if server owner provides any kind of data to other user, isn't that worst than just hacking MD5 string ?
MD5 has been cracked and is labeled as insecure for a long time. If you use MD5/SHA1 you could just save passwords as plain text. I suggest you 512 bit algorithms like whirlpool or SHA3 with 32bit salts to be on the secure side.

When it comes to encryption you can never be save enough, NSA and other scum organizations can decrypt weak algos on the fly.

(Disclaimer: I'm currently drunk)
Mellnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/12/2014, 10:10 PM   #18
www
Huge Clucker
 
www's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: cd /var/log/
Posts: 282
Reputation: 35
Default Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

That's great !
www is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/01/2015, 05:12 AM   #19
CoaPsyFactor
Gangsta
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 868
Reputation: 52
Default Re: AW: Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellnik View Post
MD5 has been cracked and is labeled as insecure for a long time. If you use MD5/SHA1 you could just save passwords as plain text. I suggest you 512 bit algorithms like whirlpool or SHA3 with 32bit salts to be on the secure side.

When it comes to encryption you can never be save enough, NSA and other scum organizations can decrypt weak algos on the fly.

(Disclaimer: I'm currently drunk)
well this has no point related to what I said. All that you commented I already know - but still, with how sensitive data are SAMP developers working
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaiLuan View Post
Code:
C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Viet-RP\gamemodes\3mien.pwn(112016) : fatal error 101: cannot write to file: "disk full"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase


1 Error.
Help me! How to fix error
CoaPsyFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/01/2015, 05:31 AM   #20
AgusZ
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 145
Reputation: 7
Default Re: Hash Plugin [PBKDF2, CSPRNG, SHA, Whirlpool, RIPEMD, Checksums and more]

great
__________________
San Andreas Multiplayer (Indonesian).
AgusZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whirlpool hash problem Face9000 Scripting Help 15 04/01/2014 10:24 PM
Whirlpool hash on login Jimmy0wns Scripting Help 2 01/01/2014 12:17 PM
Whirlpool HASH Stefand Scripting Help 2 06/12/2012 03:13 PM
Password hash issue (Whirlpool) sim_sima Scripting Help 8 14/03/2012 03:24 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.