SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > Client Support

Old 26/06/2018, 10:26 PM   #11
Alaux
Little Clucker

Default Re: SAMP Crashing

Well, at least here and now there are many GTA:SA disks FOR PS2 that include some really bad modding, so I guess the same could be done with the ones for PC...
Also, the "original" GTA (the one I copied to this PC and to my pendrive) is apparently not modded, I simply do not know what to do.
But the detail is that the GTA in my pendrive won't work here, but on the one computer which has the original GTA it has ABSOLUTELY no problem.
There has to be something somewhere in my Windows that is messing around, whether something modified by the games I've installed OR this crappy and unstable "legally free" Windows 10 which tries and tries to update but never succeeds.
Alaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/06/2018, 12:33 AM   #12
Sew_Sumi
Banned

If you've upgraded windows 10, then there can be an issue with that if you haven't done that right... Especially if you upgraded, and haven't done a clean reinstall yet.

You can't exactly cry that it's crappy and unstable if you don't try and fix it.

Now as for the game working on one machine, compared to another, same deal... As one of the faults that commonly happens with Win10 upgrades, is that when it updates, it leaves behind, and uses older files that windows 'had', and won't update them, or change from them.

This causes trouble with people running games, installing the correct drivers, or just simply using windows.

If your problems with that machine persist with Windows, and you've done the validation once you finished up the install, then you can simply CLEAN reinstall windows 10, and it will pick it up as a legit copy when it validates, allowing it to be used without restriction, and you'll likely find it will work a lot better.

Now that, is just Windows, but if there's an issue along those lines, it could be affecting more than just the usage of the OS.

I was hesitant about Win 10 when it first came out, but now, it's pretty awesome... Even though the creators update played up with games like nothing else.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/06/2018, 09:48 PM   #13
Alaux
Little Clucker

By "legally free" I mean that one offer Microsoft had for Windows 7 or 8 (I had ORIGINAL Win7), and anyways it's very bad.
It makes sense that if they would give us a free OS upgrade it would have something not so nice, but come on, the unstoppable updates and the OS working like this is too much, without mentioning it's the same or even worser in PCs that come with it already.
Anyways, we're not here to discuss about Microsoft and it's latest and worst Windows version ever.
Once I had to reinstall Win 10 due to an issue with my user, but I can already fix it without reinstalling everything. And I also noticed that effectively one of the games I have installed has at least added some new files to the Registry. By the way, that other computer has Windows 7, and the guy that installed it understands much more than me about that.
Old 27/06/2018, 09:54 PM   #14
Alaux
Little Clucker

HEY HEY HEY!
I don't know what the hell did I touch, but SAMP WORKS!
Oh my god, I'm so happy right now, I don't know what to say. Whatever have I done, whether it was the PC itself, something I did or something you people told me to do, THANKS SO MUCH EVERYBODY!
Old 28/06/2018, 09:05 AM   #15
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaux View Post
but come on, the unstoppable updates and the OS working like this is too much, without mentioning it's the same or even worser in PCs that come with it already.
Set the connection to a metered connection, then you disable the updates over metered connections... How simple is that...
Old 30/06/2018, 12:57 AM   #16
Alaux
Little Clucker

Well, I'll try that and see.
Anyways, thanks for everything!
Old 30/06/2018, 01:41 AM   #17
Sew_Sumi
Banned

Also, try a full clean install, and install, where you can, the right drivers for the machine. Don't rely on windows to pick them up (Even though, they do usually, they are just the fallback as such in some cases)