Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 25/10/2019, 09:44 AM   #81
OstGot
Gangsta

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
SA-MP will eventually reach a point where everyone is nice and respectful and hacks and cheating are rare. But the number of players will be very small, so most of us won't be here.
And yet many of us think this could be achieved by your updates and not by withering of SA-MP with the passage of time. I personally developing serverside anticheat and know a lot of things that could be implemented in client & server by default preventing many today's hack tools and other shit. But updating samp just shuffling around data is obviously not enough, so that's why people still annoy you with similar requests and questions.
Nexius's Update Checker
Old 25/10/2019, 09:53 AM   #82
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romzes24 View Post
Kalcor,

Why don't you want to improve the code and make it so that there are fewer cheats? Many, including me, still have their own servers in SA-MP where many players play, we want the game to be fair and want new updates.
Everytime when SA:MP releases an update that renders some hacking tools useless, the developers of said tools will update their projects to counter the new SA:MP changes. It's a loop that's very difficult to break out of.
If you want your server to be fair and cheaters dealt with, you should get administrators and a good ingame tool to report cheaters.

Old 25/10/2019, 09:56 AM   #83
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

Don't you understand what I'm telling you? mod so-beit is more sophisticated than SA-MP because it includes code directly from the GTA:SA engine.

edit:

Based on what I said (assuming I'm correct) the thing to do would not be to give out the source, but release a "security update" based on 0.3.7 which obsoletes all the existing hack tools.
Old 25/10/2019, 10:17 AM   #84
OstGot
Gangsta

Quote:
Don't you understand what I'm telling you? mod so-beit is more sophisticated than SA-MP because it includes code directly from the GTA:SA engine.
Don't get me wrong but it sounds like an excuse or a statement you completely gave up. And this is at least wrong with respect to that (still) huge amount of players and developers who have to invent the wheel to fight against regular hackers and who are spending a lot of energy on this instead of implementation of new game systems, when the same could be done natively with some new validation checks and a couple more not so complicated algorithms. So many people can provide you their help in this matter without even claiming the source code.

Quote:
Based on what I said (assuming I'm correct) the thing to do would not be to give out the source, but release a "security update" based on 0.3.7 which obsoletes all the existing hack tools.
That's it. We all look forward to it and are ready to help you with anything.
Nexius's Update Checker
Old 25/10/2019, 10:18 AM   #85
Kroc
Banned

Quote:

edit:

Release the security update for 0.3.7 so that the cheats stop working.
Old 25/10/2019, 10:23 AM   #86
Romzes24
Big Clucker

Quote:
If you do a security update, many will only be happy about it. If there are fewer cheaters, it will be more pleasant to play this game, and also many will have an incentive to develop interesting and unique systems, instead of engaging in the fight against cheating.
Old 25/10/2019, 10:55 AM   #87
Kalcor
SA-MP Developer

0.3.7 server owners report in if you see this. Are you happy with a 0.3.7 update (0.3.9) which just updates packet IDs and memory addresses?
Old 25/10/2019, 10:59 AM   #88
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Instead of releasing and opening source can you get a few more people to be involved in the development so perhaps they can continue further even if you retire?
Old 25/10/2019, 11:00 AM   #89
Gforcez
Gangsta

Quote:
0.3.7 server owners report in if you see this. Are you happy with a 0.3.7 update (0.3.9) which just updates packet IDs and memory addresses?
I know a lot of people are asking this, but I don't think we ever got an "official" answer. What's going to happen with the DL branch of SA:MP? Are there any plans to include that functionality in the main line of SA:MP versions or is it going to be a seperate thing for the time being?

I would love to see the security update(s) that could become 0.3.9 be mixed with the DL version of SA:MP.

Old 25/10/2019, 11:09 AM   #90
Locky_
High-roller

could have an updater on the client that every new version was notified to the client and already download the version. Also when connecting to a server, even before opening GTA, a warning appears if it is different versions.
I think version 0.3.dl would be a big hit if it was a finalized version. with all features working well. unfortunately it is a version that only adds skins and objects, which in turn are amazing features.
but it should be beyond. I know these SA-MP features added for years and so there is experience by kye. but vehicles, weapons, among other suggestions already given, would make the version even more amazing.
Closed Thread