SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 04/06/2020, 03:30 AM   #21
jasperschellekens
High-roller

Default Re: Server is crashing

Yes it is. You are trying to access an invalid vehicle id(my assumption cus the array size is 2k).
You will want to look for timers in your script that handles vehicles and you might want to add this:
For example:
pawn Code:
public UpdateVehicle(vehicleid)
{
    if(vehicleid != INVALID_VEHICLE_ID)
    {
        //your code here
    }
    return 1;
}

Undead Wasteland Roleplay - The year is 1996. San Andreas is a wasteland ruled by the undead. the once so glorius landscape of San Andreas, is now a shattered decayed place that is only a vague memory of the world as we used to know it.
Discord - Website
jasperschellekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2020, 02:40 PM   #22
Pitstop
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperschellekens View Post
Yes it is. You are trying to access an invalid vehicle id(my assumption cus the array size is 2k).
You will want to look for timers in your script that handles vehicles and you might want to add this:
For example:
pawn Code:
public UpdateVehicle(vehicleid)
{
    if(vehicleid != INVALID_VEHICLE_ID)
    {
        //your code here
    }
    return 1;
}
I did and server keep crashing..
Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2020, 03:25 PM   #23
Cell_
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitstop View Post
Hey.

I've noticed that 30 minutes before the server crashed I got some errors in server logs

Code:
[12:27:51] [debug] Run time error 4: "Array index out of bounds"
[12:27:51] [debug]  Attempted to read/write array element at index 65535 in array of size 2000
[12:27:51] [debug] AMX backtrace:
[12:27:51] [debug] #0 003a9aa8 in public Timers () at E:\Script\gamemodes\RP.pwn:75843
Is it maybe related to the server crashes?
Hardly think that is the reason of crash. Index out of bound does not make the server crash. However, you would still need to fix this error. Can you post the line 75843 in your RP.pwn and if possible the whole function the line relates to?
Cell_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/06/2020, 03:44 PM   #24
Pitstop
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_ View Post
Hardly think that is the reason of crash. Index out of bound does not make the server crash. However, you would still need to fix this error. Can you post the line 75843 in your RP.pwn and if possible the whole function the line relates to?
Hey mate ♥.
I already solved the whole errors problems of index out of bound.
Server is still keep crashing......
Old 05/06/2020, 04:23 PM   #25
Cell_
Big Clucker

Quote:
Hey mate ♥.
I already solved the whole errors problems of index out of bound.
Server is still keep crashing......
Does crashdetect detect it? How long does it take for the server to crash after it's started? What is the last thing that happens before the crash?
Discord: madgenius0#4058
Old 05/06/2020, 04:29 PM   #26
Pitstop
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_ View Post
Does crashdetect detect it? How long does it take for the server to crash after it's started? What is the last thing that happens before the crash?
Crashdetect isn't giving me a specific line why it happen.
Mhm there's no constant time to shut down... just randomly
Last thing always changed .... sometime just a /stopanim's command sometimes just admin commands.
But I have timer of saving data every minute so it maybe related to that. I am currently trying to convert MySQL from R33 to R40.. maybe problem will be solved?
Old 05/06/2020, 04:54 PM   #27
Cell_
Big Clucker

Quote:
Crashdetect isn't giving me a specific line why it happen.
Mhm there's no constant time to shut down... just randomly
Last thing always changed .... sometime just a /stopanim's command sometimes just admin commands.
But I have timer of saving data every minute so it maybe related to that. I am currently trying to convert MySQL from R33 to R40.. maybe problem will be solved?
I mean if it didn't crash before and it started crashing after the MYSQL changes, then it is probably something with the new MYSQL code. You should go through that, maybe do some debugging to ensure that's the thing that is causing the crash.

Also ensure that in your server.cfg, crashdetect is the first plugin that is loaded, for example:
Code:
plugins crashdetect mysql etc
The reason I asked how long it takes for the server to crash is because you can add trace to your server.cfg to let crashdetect print what gets called so you can see what is the last thing that was called before the crash. If you want to do that, you should add:
Code:
trace pfn
to your server.cfg (at the bottom) maybe. This will spam your server_log, but it will ensure you know what was the last thing to happen and narrow out the possibilities.

Also compile with -d3 parameter to allow crashdetect to get debug information.
Discord: madgenius0#4058