SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 24/06/2016, 02:10 PM   #31
dicknyson
Banned

Default Re: Brexit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen View Post
******** wisdom: A 5% drop is the "largest depreciation of any currency ever".
Actually, it was a 10% drop. Highest drop since 1980s.
dicknyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 02:15 PM   #32
Chilli9434
Huge Clucker

$350bn wiped off the markets within hours of morning trading. Our PM has resigned, Scotand and N Ireland are calling for their own referendum on being in the UK. Spain wants Gibraltar and EU firms are starting to look at outsourcing UK bars jobs back to the EU.

There is no defending from this, you were warned that this is what an exit would trigger, and these results are not minor nor will they blow over. Britain is probably facing a second recession and the BoEs 250bn contingency plan has clearly failed.

It's not opinion or scare tactics anymore, these are the facts that every exit vote has triggered. A Greed of sovereignty and the irony is, the next PM will not be democratically epected but elected by 150,000 Conservative voters.

(The state of the worldwide markets this fantastic morning. Not great is it? https://imgur.com/PnV8d4s)

Chilli9434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 02:37 PM   #33
jollyjoe321
Little Clucker

A bunch of people saying "We're being led in the EU by a bunch of unelected politicians"

Great, now Britain is going to be led by an unelected Prime Minister. Woop-de-fuckin'-do.
Old 24/06/2016, 02:54 PM   #34
JasperM
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjoe321 View Post
A bunch of people saying "We're being led in the EU by a bunch of unelected politicians"

Great, now Britain is going to be led by an unelected Prime Minister. Woop-de-fuckin'-do.
Those "a bunch of people" got a point. We can't vote to choose who leads the EU. No-one controls them, they can do whatever they want. And above that they earn skyhigh salaries. If they don't see they have to change, I would also vote positive for a Nexit, if I would be 18 by the time the referendum would start.
Old 24/06/2016, 03:05 PM   #35
DRIFT_HUNTER
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
I think it would turn out very bad for both the UK and the European mainland. Mind you that if the UK exits the EU it also means no more free movement of goods. This means that all goods will pass through customs which means delays and import taxes.
UK never were in eu transit zone in the first place, so moving goods will stay as is as far as im aware... Also if England cared about trading they would not invoke so called "sanctions" against Russia, but that is other mater and it has to do more with USA.

It doesnt mater if UK exits EU or not, UK will have new problems. If they stay, their votes lose strength, if they exit well than they lose few benefits and gain some negativity from partners in EU, starting with Germany and France.

Any PM's that include question about any kind of help will be ignored.
Use appropriate boards for that
DRIFT_HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 03:12 PM   #36
Chilli9434
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM View Post
Those "a bunch of people" got a point. We can't vote to choose who leads the EU. No-one controls them, they can do whatever they want. And above that they earn skyhigh salaries. If they don't see they have to change, I would also vote positive for a Nexit, if I would be 18 by the time the referendum would start.
The U.K. has a whole house of unelected politicians (the House of Lords), so it's kind of hypocritical for us to complain about the EU. And besides that you don't leave a problem you fix it. Today we took a cowards way out that resulted in huge loss for us.

Chilli9434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 03:54 PM   #37
K0P
Banned

WTF Bro.
K0P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 04:25 PM   #38
Vince
Spam Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER View Post
UK never were in eu transit zone in the first place, so moving goods will stay as is as far as im aware...
The Schengen area is different from the EU and it only covers the movement of people. I have ordered several things from the UK and because they are/were in the European Union I never had to pay any extra taxes. I've always considered this an enormous advantage over ordering something from the Americas or Asia. Obviously those trade agreements will be void when or if the UK actually leaves the EU, unless they're somehow re-negotiated.
Old 24/06/2016, 05:41 PM   #39
Kamora
Little Clucker

I voted to stay in EU ;(
Kamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/06/2016, 09:09 PM   #40
[NoV]LaZ
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM View Post
You clearly have no idea how institutions of the EU work.

Thank you for playing!

It is back online! 176.31.69.249:7799
[NoV]LaZ is offline   Reply With Quote