SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Closed Thread

Old 31/10/2019, 05:59 PM   #601
kennytowN
Little Clucker

Default Re: Is it still worth it?

I really don't get it. Why do you ignore the Russian-speaking community of players, which, roughly speaking, has devoted childhood to this multiplayer and say that the DL branch is not needed and is not popular. It exists only within the framework of this forum.
Old 31/10/2019, 06:00 PM   #602
DomagojSellug
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
If you knew who I was, you would not be talking to me in that way. I helped krisk develop the ls-rp script in the very early days. I put ls-rp on the official list and hosted list and promoted that server for over a decade, even though I got nothing in return. In fact, I got stabbed in the back in the end.

Many sa-mp updates were targetted almost exclusively for ls-rp.

krisk credits pen1 and godfather for being able to create ls-rp. So, ls-rp did rely on other servers releasing stuff.

You seem to have inherited something well beyond your level. We've lost ls-rp because you are a prick.
GET 'EM CHIEF

San Andreas Multiplayer server based off Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Join us today!

DISCORD: discord.sa-go.info
SERVER IP: samp.sa-go.info
Old 31/10/2019, 06:04 PM   #603
jefrens
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn View Post
Hello Kalcor,

I saw in some posts that you have no interest in continuing with 0.3.DL in a future 0.3.7 to 0.3.9 upgrade. I believe what I will say has already been said by the major roleplay servers, in the Brazilian community I believe my server is the largest and one of the only ones that uses version 0.3.DL in order to take advantage of it to the extreme.

I'd like to try to get you to change your idea of ​​discontinuing 0.3.DL updates, in fact I don't see what can be more updated in the release other than security enhancements by following major version updates and adding other possibilities of customizations such as animations, vehicles and etc.

Currently my server has 1.155 custom mod files (skins and objects), we have done promising things over the last two years with this possibility, we have leveraged our server in development aspects that we could not even dream of in the past years.

Regarding the amount of players, this is not something that directly affects roleplay servers, after all, they all have whitelist and account creation is not simply going through the internet or hosted tab and playing, it has to go to the site, apply and get approved to play. This already makes it very difficult for new players to join. Just like LSRP, my server has lost a considerable amount of players this year, before we had 180 to 200 players online, we currently have 110 to 140 on a day to day basis and it's not the mod's fault but the infinite possibilities that players have. have nowadays to occupy their time on the computer.

My text is long, I hope you have read at least here. I will present what I accomplished along with my community during the years I was with 0.3.DL.

That's it. Kalcor if you still think you should not update to version 0.3.DL, at least keep it up to date with security items that are updated in the major version.
This is one of the best game modes currently, in Brazil this server is the most popular among all the others, Kalcor, I hope you don't stop the updates here.
Old 31/10/2019, 06:04 PM   #604
ReVson
Little Clucker

We don't want to hear how bad were MTA developers, we just want to see that something is happening with samp (updates, etc.). But even if there was activity, if sa-mp would went open-source, it's death is inevitable due to gta v's multiplayer mods, people who start multiplayer on gta v don't have any grounds to go back to sa-mp, people play sa-mp because of sentiment, they haven't found any other mods or they have weak pc, so the population of sa-mp players is decerasing.
For us samp is very sentimental, we learned new language(s) especially for it, we spent a lot of hours playing it, a lot of very good hours meeting new friends etc. It's sad now to see that it's dying, but thats the course of things, i think there is not much to do to help sa-mp surviving, we just can slowly watch how it dies.
Old 31/10/2019, 06:08 PM   #605
kennytowN
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVson View Post
We don't want to hear how bad were MTA developers, we just want to see that something is happening with samp (updates, etc.). But even if there was activity, if sa-mp would went open-source, it's death is inevitable due to gta v's multiplayer mods, people who start multiplayer on gta v don't have any grounds to go back to sa-mp, people play sa-mp because of sentiment, they haven't found any other mods or they have weak pc, so the population of sa-mp players is decerasing.
For us samp is very sentimental, we learned new language(s) especially for it, we spent a lot of hours playing it, a lot of very good hours meeting new friends etc. It's sad now to see that it's dying, but thats the course of things, i think there is not much to do to help sa-mp surviving, we just can slowly watch how it dies.

I agree with this, many really learned commonplace things, such as communication, contacting with other people, and now their favorite modification of these people is dying before their eyes. They really do not want to hear about how Kalcor worked alone in the MTA team, how bad the developers were, and so on.

Kalcor, we believe in your strength, you're a pretty cool dude, please do something really cool and listen to your community, we do not wish you any harm.
Old 31/10/2019, 06:49 PM   #606
Jaaaar
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydalglish View Post
Can you explain why LS-RP nymphs are for you? In the Russian community there are servers with the largest online
he is racist
Old 31/10/2019, 06:54 PM   #607
wearLy
Big Clucker

I noticed the critics on duty ... I think as much as they can be experienced and respectful people, they should put themselves in the place of the other, I believe that no programmer is obliged to keep his project or be forever programming it, so for Please respect the situation and understand your reasons ... I myself came back a few months ago to launch something on my server, and that was promising, almost 4 years ago with my active server!

» [FilterScript] Sistema Anti-AFK

» Adeus ao meu Brasil Play Start

"In the community since 2010"
Old 31/10/2019, 07:14 PM   #608
zinadoll
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus View Post
I'm auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver still working on my server, yeah.
it has still the features or capable of things that you can't script. I hope you get the point.

Last edited by zinadoll; 01/11/2019 at 01:05 AM.
Old 31/10/2019, 07:48 PM   #609
Koplan
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willttoonn View Post
Hello Kalcor,

I saw in some posts that you have no interest in continuing with 0.3.DL in a future 0.3.7 to 0.3.9 upgrade. I believe what I will say has already been said by the major roleplay servers, in the Brazilian community I believe my server is the largest and one of the only ones that uses version 0.3.DL in order to take advantage of it to the extreme.

I'd like to try to get you to change your idea of ​​discontinuing 0.3.DL updates, in fact I don't see what can be more updated in the release other than security enhancements by following major version updates and adding other possibilities of customizations such as animations, vehicles and etc.

Currently my server has 1.155 custom mod files (skins and objects), we have done promising things over the last two years with this possibility, we have leveraged our server in development aspects that we could not even dream of in the past years.

Regarding the amount of players, this is not something that directly affects roleplay servers, after all, they all have whitelist and account creation is not simply going through the internet or hosted tab and playing, it has to go to the site, apply and get approved to play. This already makes it very difficult for new players to join. Just like LSRP, my server has lost a considerable amount of players this year, before we had 180 to 200 players online, we currently have 110 to 140 on a day to day basis and it's not the mod's fault but the infinite possibilities that players have. have nowadays to occupy their time on the computer.

My text is long, I hope you have read at least here. I will present what I accomplished along with my community during the years I was with 0.3.DL.

That's it. Kalcor if you still think you should not update to version 0.3.DL, at least keep it up to date with security items that are updated in the major version.
I agree with you.
The DL version cannot be abandoned.

alojatuga.com - em construção
Old 31/10/2019, 07:51 PM   #610
andrey1311
Little Clucker

You always say that there are more server on 0.3.7 than are on 0.3 DL. Of course there are more on 0.3.7 because you always say "the DL version is not finished". Owners on 0.3.7 won't move on 0.3 DL because you discourage them.

There is always something to do but you simply don't want to do it and that's all. You say that SA-MP is going down, of course it is because you're not doing anything about it, you just let it die. If you would do some updates the situation would be different from what it is now. Not saying that after one update 50k players would come back to SA-MP. Maybe 5-10k. If you see some game you played that got an update, you would try it again to remember the time you used to play it. If they're not seeing anything intresting in it, of course they will give 0 attention to it.

Players keep asking on for updates on 0.3 DL since jan 2018. I know also owners with a community with 3 SA-MP server and a playerbase of 800 per server. They said they will move to the DL verions only if it's going to be updated, nobody will move to a beta version that you're not sure about that's gonna be supported.

I love SA-MP, I still play it sometime, I grew up with SA-MP and spent some years around here. I would like to see some updates and come back one day, I have friends that are waiting them too, like me. Got friends that played some after the 0.3.8 was released. They later quit when it was announced that 0.3.8 will be a branch of SA-MP.

I'm not pointing a finger at you, saying that all of this is you fault, no. All I want to say it's that you could let other developers that you trusted to keep going with the project, or just keep it by yourself. Everybody has a personal life, has a job and a family, but they have free time too.

It's just my personal opinion, as I said, I'm not pointing any finger at you.

Closed Thread