SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 26/01/2020, 08:49 AM   #1
N.K.Stallone
Big Clucker

Default SAMP Client ERROR - Unacceptable Nickname

Hello guys, I've read a lot about the issue and the thing is that we're running our server in linux environment on a VPS with an autorestarter written in bash.

Basically the server auto-restarts whenever a crash occurs, we've got no script or MySQL errors at all as we've recently fixed all issues, but I'm having the following issue which can be found on 'Common Problems' in the SAMP WiKi.

Quote:
I get "Unacceptable NickName" when connecting to a server
Ensure you are not using any disallowed characters in your name (use 0-9, a-z, [], (), $, @, ., _ and = only), and that your name is no longer than 20 characters. This also could be caused when a player is on a server with the same name as you (which can happen if you re-join a server very soon after timing out or crashing). Also a Windows server running SA-MP with a uptime greater than 50 days can cause this bug.
https://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Common_Problems#Server

Of course as our server is a Roleplay one, we're using underscores "_" in our names for ex. "Adam_McGeek".

My question is, is there a way that this functionality can be disabled in the server or how can it be skipped, because this doesn't happen immediately, but at some point when all of us are in-game, all of us suddenly get kicked with that error message.

We're running on Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS

Last edited by N.K.Stallone; 26/01/2020 at 09:32 AM.
N.K.Stallone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/01/2020, 09:19 AM   #2
Proxus
Huge Clucker

Default Re: SAMP Client ERROR - Unacceptable Nickname

Quote:
(which can happen if you re-join a server very soon after timing out or crashing)
I'm assuming that from your post, this only happens when you've crashed/server restarts.

Quote:
This also could be caused when a player is on a server with the same name as you (which can happen if you re-join a server very soon after timing out or crashing)
If the server auto restarts when it crashes, people won't get kicked, and it'll probably do that ^

IMPORTANT LINKS
An upcoming mix of trucking & light roleplay
Proxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/01/2020, 09:25 AM   #3
N.K.Stallone
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxus View Post
I'm assuming that from your post, this only happens when you've crashed/server restarts.

If the server auto restarts when it crashes, people won't get kicked, and it'll probably do that ^
Thing is that I'm not crashing or re-joining rapidly after closing my client. Randomly whenever all of us play, it's like the server crashes and kicks all of us with that warning that we have illegal characters in our name, based on the underscore, I believe.

The thing is I am not getting any MySQL dump errors nor server opcodes as I'm running the crashdetector as well and all the errors I've had so far have been mitigated due to scripting errors in the past. Right now it's just that random drop of all players with the illegal character issue.

EDIT: In regards to same-name logins. I have a script to check that and kick you automatically if you try to login with a name that is already online. It's a part of our user system.

EDIT 2: I'm running: Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
Old 26/01/2020, 10:19 PM   #4
Cucabeludobeludo
Little Clucker

alguem pode me ajudar num aviso chamdo warning 219: local variable "f" shadows a variable at a preceding level

estou desesperado,se alguem me ajuda agradeço
Cucabeludobeludo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/01/2020, 10:22 PM   #5
Cucabeludobeludo
Little Clucker

alguem pode me ajudar em um aviso chamado werning 219: a variável local "f" sombreia uma variável em um nível anterior

estou desesperada, se alguem me ajudar agradeço
eu fui no local onde esta o aviso e nao tem nada a ve com o codico
Cucabeludobeludo is offline   Reply With Quote